cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cenki
Journeyman III

Black screen / reboot Ryzen 7 2700X

Guys, I really need some help as black screen / random reboot kills me in the last weeks. 

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700X 3.70 Ghz

Memory: 16 GB DDR4

GPU: Powercolor RX 580

Motherboard ASRock B450 Pro4

PSU: FSP Hyper M 600W 

I had a Corsair vx450w since March, I have been paying Battlefield 5 and mostly COD MW for a few months when I started to encounter problems. Usually it was a black screen / no sound / no response but CPU fan and leds were still working so the power did not cut. I had to manually restart otherwise it would just hang there. This happened at random times before/during/after gaming.

Also after turning it on but before the win logo it restarted itself several times

I have decided to change my PSU to the 600 W mentioned above assuming it could be a PSU issue but that did not solve the issue

I did multiple stresstests testing the GPU with Furmark (ran for an entire hour, temp was not going above 75C) did Memtest and Win10 memory test as well (all good), Memtest porbably crashed as by the time I looked at it Win loaded (although in the log file 1 test passed)

today I did Prime95 for the CPU and both times it crashed but not sure if it is indeed CPU related or just a timing issue

Sometimes I can play 30 mins without an issue, sometimes it generates the issue when I turn on in the morining and it does not even boot, sometimes simply from the desktop so no pattern

did all driver updates etc but nothing helped

any suggestion would be appreciated

Thanks,

David

0 Likes
1 Reply
cenki
Journeyman III

OK I did two more Prime95 tests (large FFTs) so in total 4 in the last few hours and in all 4 cases the PC crashed after 3-5 minutes, black screen, no restart, fans are working had to restart or turn off/on

0 Likes