cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

flyxytk
Adept III

Black Screen of Death Crash on the Ryzen 5 3600 and RX 5700XT, Cant find a solution

unkn123own.pngunknowloln.png

Hello Guys,

So a few months ago I already asked a similar question but now I've investigated further.

Symptoms:

My System crashes in Davinci Resolve or MS Edge (Chromium) randomly. Besides that it crashed one time in Destiny 2 randomly. Fortnite and Valorant are not affected of these crashes. I think I get an invisible Blue Screen of Death because if I click the power button one time the PC shuts down normally and after that I get an error Message in the Event Viewer [Pictures below]. Like I said in my first post its always in more GPU intensive workloads but its not happening if I stress test the GPU. Everything is stock and RAM was tested on stability with Memtest86, no errors. Futher, the CPU doesnt crash too in Prime95 or Aida64 Cache test. The PSU is also completely fine because if it was overloaded (and then turned off) windows wouldnt spill out an error message in the Event viewer besides a System Crash.

So you get my Problem: I cant specicify my problem to a Hardware piece. I tried everything to fix it:

- Locked the CPU to a fixed Clock and Voltage, wasnt working

- Undervolting the GPU to lower the Temperatures, which by the way were never that high, wasnt working

- enabled and disabled XMP in the Bios, both not working

- Tested every Hardware piece in a specific test, no errors

- Tried to change monitor setup wasnt a fix

- Deactivated all unneccesarry Audio Devices and Updated all Drivers and my Bios, didnt work

- DDUd my Graphics drivers and reinstalled a confirmed stable Version, not the fix

- Disabled Virtualisation, didnt fix the Problem

What I havent tried yet:

- Changing my Graphics Card and RAM, I have a old Radeon R7 240 laying around which works with the Same drivers as my RX 5700 XT

Specs of the system:

PSU: Bequiet! Pure Power 11 500w

Motherboard: AsRock b450m Pro4

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600, Stock, Cooled by the Bequiet Dark Rock Slim, Idle Temps 40°, Load temps 65°

RAM: G.Skill Aegis @ Stock/Auto (2133Mhz), The XMP is 3000Mhz, 1,35V, CL16 but as I said I deactivated it

GPU: Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700XT OC 8G @ Stock settings, Idle Temps 40° Everything,

Load in FurMark: 70° GPU, 90° Memory, 100° Junction,

Load MSI Kombuster Burn in Test: 65° GPU, 80° Memory, 88° Junction

Load in Games: Destiny 2: 60° GPU, 70° Memory, 80° Junction, Fortnite: 57° GPU, 60° Memory, 65° Junction

SSD: 1x Samsung 970 Evo 1tb Nvme; 1x Samsung 850 Evo 500GB

All Temperatures are alright so where is the Problem? I  cant reproduce the crash because its random and doesnt happen in stress tests or Benchmarks.

I hope someone can help me out!

Edit: Error Code were live kernel event 141 and 1a8

0 Likes
41 Replies