cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

stumbler
Journeyman III

BIOS updates for 2700x

If I update BIOS (or operating system like Windows or Linux), that doesn't install directly to the CPU, does it? If I have to uninstall an undesired update none of that is 'inside' the CPU, is it? I want to feel comfortable installing and/or changing software without CPU itself getting 'confused'. 

0 Likes
2 Replies

No, BIOS updates are installed onto the BIOS chip on the motherboard itself, and all software is installed onto the hard drive.

0 Likes
stumbler
Journeyman III

Regarding consumer friendly motherboards manufacturers, I've watched many tutorials/reviews at Youtube on which m/b is ideal for the 2700x I bought such 370 vs 470 and which brand is most suggested for the 2700x. Most of what is discussed is RAM compatibility. I checked the MSI QVL for RAM and honestly, it's all a blur because I looked so long for the RGB modules I want. I don't think I want the B boards because I'm using this for gaming but I would like a recommend from AMD for a known good m/b and RAM for gaming for the 2700x CPU. 

They were testing RAM speed's on an Asus Hero VI 370 board and weren't having issues but they weren't using RGB RAM which I'm also interested in, which I stated before. For Gskill, the X is for Ryzen and the R is for RGB but I cant find those chips at Amazon. They don't show up as Out Of Stock even. 

I understand it's possible Asus didn't test those particular chips hence not on the QVL so I'd like a recommend for known good RGB RAM chips if anyone has experience with this. and again, for a m/b. Thanx, eggheads, for what I assume will be great patience used in assisting me!! #world peace

0 Likes