cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

InivsibleAether
Journeyman III

Bios Update Version?

Ive just upgraded to the Ryzen 7 3700x From the Ryzen 5 2600 and im having issues with it. I can get into Bios but when i log in to my desktop after about 1 minute it restarts. The mother board i have is the TUF Gaming x570-Plus (wifi) and on the mother board on start up and on every reset the CPU diagnosis light on the board turns red. I dont know what to do and my best theory is that i need to update the bios but what bios version do i update to?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Sometimes incompatible RAM or wrong RAM settings in BIOS might cause the CPU Trouble LED to light up.

Since it is booting up into Windows indicates all hardware on your Motherboard passed the BIOS test POST which means your CPU and RAM and GPU passed and BIOS allowed the PC to continue to boot into Windows.

do a CMOS CLEAR on your motherboard to reset BIOS to its default settings and see if the crashes continues or not.

If it doesn't that would seem to indicate misconfigured RAM or possibly CPU settings in BIOS.

If it does continue to crash, I would run Windows Memory Diagnostic or MEMTEST 86 to check your RAM to see if any stick might be going bad.

What type of BSOD errors are you getting or any type of errors when your PC restarts?

I have a similar Asus Mobo Model as yours except it is PRO and not Plus. Uses the same BIOS versions as your Motherboard.

I notice there is a new BIOS version that came out in 11/2022. Version 4408. I would try to update the BIOS to make your hardware more compatible with the motherboard: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-x570-plus/helpdesk_b...

Now that I saw that I am also going to download that BIOS version and save it for the future. Once I find out it is stable from other Users experiences.

But I would look at your RAM first. Try using one Stick of RAM on A2 DIMM Slot and see if it continues to crash unless the RAM stick is only 4GB large then use 2 sticks.

Try stress testing your CPU, PSU , & GPU using OCCT freeware app. If your PC shuts down in any of those test check to see what CPU & GPU Temperatures your had when it crashed or your PSU Outputs were and Fan speeds.

0 Likes

"I notice there is a new BIOS version that came out in 11/2022. Version 4408. I would try to update the BIOS to make your hardware more compatible with the motherboard: https://www.asus.com/motherboards-components/motherboards/tuf-gaming/tuf-gaming-x570-plus/helpdesk_b..."

I am having the same issue as the guy above. We cant get into the bios at all. When we boot our PCs (i have the same motherboard btw) pressing the keys required to enter the bios does not prompt the system to stop booting into windows. I can continue to ctrl+alt+delete and restart the PC before the windows load screen shows up. I have needed a major bios update for about a year now.

0 Likes

sometimes USB or Wireless keyboards don't work when booting into BIOS.

In my wife's PC I need to use a legacy PS/2 adapter to connect a USB Keyboard to be recognized when booting up.

Screenshot 2022-11-29 103332.png

Also in BIOS you need to check if Legacy Keyboard/Mouse is enabled is there if a setting for that.

0 Likes