Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

poopsicle2
Journeyman III

BIOS and CPU compatibility issues?

Hi,

I have recently built my first PC and I bought a Ryzen 5 2600X with a ASUS PRIME B350-PLUS motherboard.

After trying to make the system post, I have checked every component of my PC with a friend who has a test rig. None of the components appear to be faulty.

After reading a tech website on AMD offering UEFI update boot kits to 2nd Gen Ryzen Chips, I have wondered if this might be the reason on why my PC won't post.

To add, my motherboard is a year old model which released at the same time as the first gen Ryzen CPU's.

If this the case would it be better to go through the hassle of AMD sending me an UEFI update boot kit or to buy a X470 motherboard which are already compatible with the second gen Ryzen CPU's on PCPP.

Thanks

0 Likes
4 Replies

There are improvements the X470 has with Ryzen 2000 series processors, but not really enough to justify replacing an existing board. A boot kit is your best option.

vortschy
Journeyman III

Same CPU, same Board, same Problem.

How do I get the AMD boot kit?

0 Likes

Hi, as far as i know you can update the bios without a Cpu on the board just with a usb and the right Bios on it usb must be formated FAT32 and if you have it you can go to flash the new Bios.In the link below from site 24 you can read how you can update.

ASUS

I hope it helps