cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

eband
Adept II

Best Way to Screw in the Wraith Stealth Cooler

What's the best way to screw the Wraith Stealth Cooler?

For example, should I just start with two screws facing diagonally with each other, or just do all four in a criss-cross pattern until every screw is tightened?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Oh, you meant you damaged your Wraith CPU Cooler not your actual CPU processor.

Well if you physically damaged the Wraith CPU Cooler your AMD Warranty is voided due to Customer Error.

Good thing is now you can purchase a better Air CPU Cooler than the Wraith.

NOTE: Hey that is one way to learn how to work or troubleshoot computers. From errors we make that we won't duplicate in the future (: .

View solution in original post

8 Replies

there are several YouTube videos that will show you the proper way of installing the AMD Wraith CPU Cooler.

But generally you should just get all four screws started by one or two threads. If you tighten one screw too much the other screws might not or won't reach the screw holes on the motherboard.

Once you have all 4 screws started then use the criss-cross method to tighten each screw down until they stop. You can do all four a little bit at a time to get the CPU Cooler to be lowered evenly on the CPU surface until tight.

0 Likes
eband
Adept II

So it's all four in a criss-cross fashion until they stop, is that the gist of it?

0 Likes

yes but first make sure you have all 4 screws started at least with one or two threads before starting to tighten them all down.

0 Likes
eband
Adept II

Sorry, but I don't understand.

I'm an idiot, I know.

I managed to break my CPU, so I am feeling uneasy.

0 Likes

Ah, how is your CPU broken?

How did you exactly break your CPU?

0 Likes
eband
Adept II

I pulled out the fan.

Unwise, I know.

0 Likes

Oh, you meant you damaged your Wraith CPU Cooler not your actual CPU processor.

Well if you physically damaged the Wraith CPU Cooler your AMD Warranty is voided due to Customer Error.

Good thing is now you can purchase a better Air CPU Cooler than the Wraith.

NOTE: Hey that is one way to learn how to work or troubleshoot computers. From errors we make that we won't duplicate in the future (: .

eband
Adept II

You are right; it will not happen again.