Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Best processor from AMD for gaming

Jump to solution

Hi guys, if possible I would like to know what's the best amd processor of all for gaming because I m building a gaming pc.

Thanks for the attention.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Best processor from AMD for gaming

Jump to solution

If you want value for money, you can go with FX 6300 but you need to overclock this processor to get its full potential. Overclocking needs good cooler or AIO water cooler for higher clocks which will incur cost again.

If you have spare cash to add, then get FX 8350 which i currently using, stock speed at 4Ghz and Turbo at 4.2Ghz. Enough power to partner with R9 290x and you will be able to play all AAA games max at 1080p or even play at 1440p. With Hyper 212x cooler, you can even overclock your processor to 4.5ghz without any issues as long as you board can handle overclocking.

Hope this will help you decide!

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Depends on what you're going to be doing with it. Someone who plays WoW at 1920x1080 will have a different recommendation than someone who plays Overwatch at 3840x2160

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

I wanted a processor that could handle all the games, and play it at the maximum settings, for example a game like dark souls. If someone could help me with this I would appreciate, but thanks for the information black zion

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

If you want value for money, you can go with FX 6300 but you need to overclock this processor to get its full potential. Overclocking needs good cooler or AIO water cooler for higher clocks which will incur cost again.

If you have spare cash to add, then get FX 8350 which i currently using, stock speed at 4Ghz and Turbo at 4.2Ghz. Enough power to partner with R9 290x and you will be able to play all AAA games max at 1080p or even play at 1440p. With Hyper 212x cooler, you can even overclock your processor to 4.5ghz without any issues as long as you board can handle overclocking.

Hope this will help you decide!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Well...New games at high resolutions of 2560x1600 and above are GPU bound more than CPU bound, so an FX-8350 is a good choice if you have experience overclocking, or if not, an FX-9590 with the appropriate motherboard, the ASUS Sabertooth 990FX R2 is a great choice for that, and a powerful cooler, like the Corsair H80i, or, if your case can mount a 240mm radiator, the Corsair H105.

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

one more thing, if you invest to any FX processor i suggest not to use the stock cooler. If youre on a budget CM Hyper 212x would be the best choice.

Or 240mm aio liquid cooler would be the best if you got extra bucks .

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

If they do the same job I think I would choose the hyper212x because if the other doesn t do that much difference I think it wouldn't be worth the extra money, right?

Anyways, thanks for the attention

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Liquid coolers are far more capable of cooling quietly or even silently even given high ambient temperatures and low airflow. For example, with ambient temps of 27°C, and fan speeds of a silent 900RPM (pump is connected to the CPU header, thus the error readings, both fans are connected to CHA1 via splitter) on my overclocked 8350, my Corsair H105 is able to keep temperatures easily under 50°C even under full 4 module/8 core stress (core temperature, CPU socket temperature is irrelevant).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thanks for the recommendation but I think I will stay for the hyper 212x I heard good things about it and I think the price for it is fair, because over 100 bucks for a cooler is way to much. Anyways thanks for all the answers you gave me have a great night

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

You can easily check it on Game-Debate.It is an ideal website to choose the best hardware for your favorite games.

http://www.game-debate.com/

http://www.placenads.com/

Vancouver classifieds

0 Kudos