cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

nkprabhu2001
Journeyman III

Best Cooling FAN for 2950X

I would like to purchase AMD RYZEN 2950X CPU and please guide me the best cooling fan as we are going to use for Terminal server purpose.

Also Motherboard ASUS which model ?

Memory ?

Thanks

Krishna

0 Likes
3 Replies

Here is AMD's Recommended Ryzen Threadripper CPU Coolers: Thermal Solutions for Ryzen™ Threadripper™ Processors | AMD

EDIT: Reread your Post again. When you decide to purchase the Motherboard (Asus in this case), go to Asus Support for your model motherboard and take a look at the Motherboard's QVL list for RAM Memory for the type of Ryzen CPU/APU you are planning on installing and purchase one from the list. Also you may want to look at their other QVL list for Hardware for your motherboard. This way you can be sure you won't have any compatibility issues with RAM memory or hardware installed using your Ryzen CPU/APU.

0 Likes

Hi

Thanks for providing the CPU Fan,

Need to know about the Memory model also.

0 Likes

nkprabhu2001, here are my specifications:

MSI X399 Creation, Threadripper 2990WX, 3xSamsung SSD 970 EVO RAID0, 4xSSD 960 EVO on

MSI AeroXpander RAID10, 1TB & 500 GB WD Black, G.SKILL Flare X F4-3200C14Q-32GFX,

Windows 10 x64 Pro, EnerMax-MaxTytan-EDT1250EWT, Enermx Liqtech TR4 280 CPU Cooler,

Radeon RX580, UEFI E7B92AMS.120, AGESA SummitPI-SP3r2-1.1.0.2

The memory is Samung B-Dies.  Ryzen and B-Dies seen to really work well together.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes