Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

netherons
Adept I

Bent pins ryzen 5 3600

Hello guys,

I just bent 2 pins of my ryzen 5 3600. Is there any way to fix it bymyself? Or my cpu is gone already?

I tried to circle the bent pins in picture(not mine). Max degree of bent is like 45 degree.

Halp  :/

0 Likes
6 Replies

Use a small piece of plastic, such as a credit card, and SLOWLY and CAREFULLY bend them straight, using a second piece of plastic behind it so it does not bend past straight. That's the only thing you can do.

dacq
Adept III

Use a small screwdriver to straighten bent pins. A sowing needle can be used but is harder.

netherons
Adept I

Let's say i fixed the pins, straighten them. Is it going to work %100 right?

0 Likes

No one can answer that question, but if you were able to straighten them lets hope so. 

misterj
Big Boss

netherons, always a crap shoot.  There are many redundant pins on processors, e.g. to supply heavy currents for Vcore, maybe more than 100 Amperes, so you can loose a few of these, but not optimal.  See if you can find a very small diameter tube, such as the tip of a .7mm or smaller mechanical pencil to fit over the pin.  If you break it off, go ahead and mount the processor and see how it works.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

EDIT: This looks like a good reference from people who do this for a living: Fixing Bent Pins on AMD's Ryzen PGA CPUs 

I suspect the pin diameter is about .2mm to .3mm.

netherons
Adept I

pc12.png

I gave it to a professional, didn't tried to fix it by myself.He sent me a picture of it. I think it's working.I'm so happy right now. Thanks to everyone who replied this thread.