cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sai_
Adept I

[Beginner's Question] Is my cpu temp too hot?

my ryzen 3600 temp while idle ranges from 45-50 C. But when I tried to stress tests my cpu using CPUZ and Ryzen Master the max temp was only up to 64C. I'm using NZXT Kraken X52 AIO. bottom line question is, is it too hot or just normal?

5 Replies
fyrel
Miniboss

If your hitting max temp of 64C then everything is good.

The 45-50C idle seems a little high but you didn't mention ambient temp so hard to say.

That is a pretty normal idle temp for the stock stealth cooler. But not an AIO. Temperature wise the OP has nothing to worry about, all normal. I am curious if something is wrong with the installation of the water cooler. 

0 Likes

Hmmm. I'm not really sure what am I doing wrong with the installation of the water cooler since this is my first rig. I've watched a lot of videos on youtube, just make it snug with equal pressure on all sides? Don't overtighten or too loose right? and I didn't use the pre-applied thermal paste that came with the AIO, I used the Kryonaut Thermal Paste. I'm at 4.2GHz btw. Please guide me, thanks.

0 Likes

I use air cooling it never goes wrong unless a fan is dead or the user screws up. Unless you don't have good air flow in your case as well. There is a lot more than what you say that can go wrong with an AIO. There are a lot of bad watt\er coolers out there to begin with, not saying the one you bought is bad. What you fill it with. Where you placed it, which direction you placed it, how you bleed the air out. A lot to go wrong. My guess is you have a circulation issue. 

Not sure why you needed  $110 dollar water setup on a 3600 but there is no doubt your idle temps are no better than what comes with the processor out of the box. I would send some pictures of your setup to NZXT support and ask them for advice on what to try. It is their water cooler and they should know best what to do next. 

Thanks mate! I'll try to ask NZXT. It could be the airflow, as I have a little info about how to run and circulate the air.