cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

misterj
Exemplar

Re: Bad memory channel - how to test if mobo or CPU IMC (TR 3960x)?

Thanks, mantisman13.   As you wish.  I continue to recommend it because I have seen many unhappy users wondering where all their cores went.  They see their new 16 core Ryzens with 4 cores after upgrade.  In my opinion, I think W10 needs to see the processor.  Different processors need different NUMA support and other scheduling support.  I have fixed a few RAID configurations and maybe can help there.  I almost always install a fresh copy of W10 when most anything changes including a major W10 release.  I have had to call MS a couple times over the years.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
misifu
Journeyman III

Hi, I have the same problem.

Gigabyte TRX40 DESIGNARE + 3970x + 128Gb (8x16Gb).

All of a sudden it started giving the same "PMU Training error at socket..." . And I found out that it was channel D does not work.

I'm the same, I don't know if it's the motherboard, the CPU, or something from the BIOS.
The ram works perfectly as long as you don't put modules in D1 / D2.

In the end, how did you solve it?
Thank you so much.

0 Likes
SmithAsani
Journeyman III

Hi...I also have seen this careful sort of mistake and issue, yet it was a little ways back on a significantly less ground-breaking machine (ASRock Z77 Extreme6 + 3770K). I wound up discovering I had a twisted pin on the motherboard attachment, this was causing an issue with DIMM #3. At the point when I put any RAM in that opening, the motherboard wouldn't boot, however it would OC different sticks in the event that you just filled three of them!

Myself and two other exceptionally proficient professionals, whom I know, all attempted a couple of times to fix the 5-6 twisted pins. No one would actually get the framework to work appropriately with each of the 4 DIMMs filled. I believe it merits checking the CPU's pins, however aren't the pins covered up on the motherboards attachment now? That is the manner by which my X570-E is with my 3950X.

You can discover recordings of individuals like LTT attempting (and at last), fixing bowed pins on CPUs. LTT even adds giver pins from an extra CPU, something I really discovered great (doesn't occur frequently with him). Never let anybody disclose to you that it's anything but difficult to do, however, it nearly comes down to karma with CPU/Mobo pins.

0 Likes
gbergamo
Journeyman III

I had the same problem with the same motherboard, it was the 4 screws that hold the socket that were badly tightened by the factory.

Att,

Giancarlo Bergamo Cecilio

0 Likes