cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ninatuo
Journeyman III

Background Programs Lag While Gaming

I upgraded my i7  2700K CPU / z77 xtreme motherboard to a MSi X470 Gaming Plus motherboard / Ryzen 5 2600X CPU with 16GB Corsair Vengeance ram. Everything runs perfectly. I get a ton of frames in games with no lag, except each game has something wrong with it. In League of Legends I rubber band for the first like 2-3 minutes of the game for no reason. When I run World of Warcraft, ALL my background processes lag (i.e if I'm watching a YT video on my second monitor it will continuously stutter as long as WoW is my main program, if I alt tab it does NOT lag anymore). Sound does NOT lag though and WoW never losses frames or latency even when running in the background.

This is a problem because I stream and do recordings and I can't keep OBS open with video games as it will stop responding / lag out when running in the background, as well as discord and teamspeak do as well.

I have tried doing a fresh install of Windows 10, and I have made sure ALL drivers are updated for everything and my BIOS are updated. I'm not using any beta drivers what-so-ever.

I have a GTX 960 GPU.

0 Likes
0 Replies