cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Nikisazu
Journeyman III

B550 Torpedo + RX580 no image/black screen

Hello, i just installed CPU, RAM, M.2 all new and GPU. The computer starts, all EZ Debug lights turn off (using win usb), but i dont get any image on my monitor.
Connected with DP or HDMI to the GPU and nothing. Tried other monitor and still the same, no image is displayed.
Tried both PCIe slots and nothing.
Already reset CMOS, updated and downgraded bios and still nothing.
Also tried on B550A-Pro and the result is the same.
What can be causing this issue since the GPU works well on another system (MSI B350M PRO-VDH + R3 2200G).
Cant upload any info from the computer because i cant do anything without image and its a fresh install.

Hardware:

Board: MAG B550 TORPEDO

BIOS: 7C91vH4

VGA: GIGABYTE AORUS RX580 8GB GDDR5

PSU: Nox Urano VX 650W 80 PLUS Bronze Edition 12V 50A

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 5600X

MEM: 2x8GB, 3200MHz Crucial Ballistix

HDD/SSD: 1x WD_BLACK SN850 500GB SSD M.2 2280 Gen.4 / 1x Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB M.2 2280 Gen.3 / 1x Samsung Evo 850 250GB SSD/

Keyboard: Trust Gaming GXT 850, USB

Mouse: Razer Naga Trinity, USB

Best regards

1 Solution

Hi Vialli100! Thanks for you reply.

My PSU works great, it was enough for the previous system and its fine for this one, i know its not the best, but it was working with this GPU for years without any issue.

I have managed to get another GPU (Asus HD7770 2gb) and finaly i got image!
Just got the GOP error, F1 to enter bios and changed the PCIe_1 from Auto to Gen 3.
Reboot, swap again to RX580 and all went well after that!

Thanks for your suggestion, and yes, you are right, it could be a PSU issue.

Appreciate your time and thanks again!

Have a nice day

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

[SOLVED] - Nox Urano VX 650W 80 PLUS = Problems?? | Tom's Hardware Forum (tomshardware.com)

Read this link..

It seems the PSU you have is a cheap one and it is nearer 450w...

You will probably need to upgrade it to Seasonic, Corsair etc...

A good one with a gold cert, mine is a Seasonic 850w gold and I have a Sapphire RX 580 Nitro+ with zero problems..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Hi Vialli100! Thanks for you reply.

My PSU works great, it was enough for the previous system and its fine for this one, i know its not the best, but it was working with this GPU for years without any issue.

I have managed to get another GPU (Asus HD7770 2gb) and finaly i got image!
Just got the GOP error, F1 to enter bios and changed the PCIe_1 from Auto to Gen 3.
Reboot, swap again to RX580 and all went well after that!

Thanks for your suggestion, and yes, you are right, it could be a PSU issue.

Appreciate your time and thanks again!

Have a nice day

0 Likes