cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ryzen4theWIN
Journeyman III

Authorized reseller antOnline now scalping processors on eBay.

Been trying to get a new 5900x processor since launch.  Today 12/6/2020, noticed antOnline (an authorized retailer per AMD's website) is scalping 5900x processors for $699.99.  Please AMD if you want to fix scalpers, make it right and fix this partner.  They just sold 17 processors in a matter of hours at huge profits.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMD-Ryzen-9-5900X-12-core-24-thread-Desktop-Processor-12-cores-And-24-threa...

0 Likes
1 Reply
mackbolan777
Forerunner

Check this out: AMD Authorized Distributors | AMD Partner Hub 

That is the "authorized distributors" list for all of North America. You can adjust it for any region or country. "Partners" do not need to sell at MSRP, unless AMD made that agreement with them. So you'll find yourself at the mercy of "supply and demand" for now. I looked on AMD's site and they are out of stock, no pre-order, nothing. There, you can get one at $549. 

Honestly, $699 isn't the highest I've seen and surprised anyone has any. I'd wait until sometime 2021 for them to catch up and then buy direct or there may be so many by about April that you'll find them falling off the shelves for under MSRP. 

I saw on Newegg that they're selling the 3600XT for $599 and the 3700X for $349, makes no sense. AMD times are strange indeed. I would not build anything right now. GPU's are through the roof on both "teams", just not worth it at the moment. It'll pass.

Sadly, your complaint will fall on AMD's "deaf ears" in this forum. Hardly any AMD employees come on here and when they do it's to moderate or do support. Send an email to corporate but I doubt anything will come of it. Times are bad.

"It worked before you broke it!"
0 Likes