Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kryptk
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Audio crackling and USB issues with PCIe Gen 4.0

You shouldn't have to disable something that is advertised to work, to make something else work.

There needs to be a mass recall but with this issue going on since 2016/2017 and nobody has done anything they will just turn a blind eye.

Seeing if intel on PCIE 4 has the usb issue, if it doesn't will make the switch again and be the last time using AMD i switched originally from a 6700K. 

All these bios issues should of been ironed out well before the initial release essentially they released a "Beta" product.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
rhsd
Adept II
Adept II

@kryptk, I agree. I am also looking to see if Intel can deliver a competitive system with PCIe Gen 4.0 support (that is demonstrated to work well). Intel's latest announcement about leveraging TSMC is a good sign.

0 Kudos
thecoversduo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Thank you very much, it's true I just changed the x16 to gen3 but now something very curious happened, everything is working well with respect to the audio and general stability but the downloads are very slow.

The internet works very well, the pages load fast, in speed tests it marks the normal of my connection 60Mb/s but at the moment of downloading something it does not exceed 500kb of speed.

this has never happened to me, downloads are always around 6MB per second.

and now nothing solves it, I reinstalled windows again and it worked fine one day but again out of nowhere the downloads were limited

if I change the x16 to gen 4 the problem is not solved.

0 Kudos
rhsd
Adept II
Adept II

My first thought is that the PCIe setting is not related to download speeds.

Are you using Wi-Fi or wired Ethernet? Built into your motherboard, USB, add-in card, other?

0 Kudos
parasitex
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

So after a week with no issues, it seems I've finally gotten rid of the audio crackling issues.

I'm not sure exactly what I did that fixed it as I did several things in a recent upgrade.

First I replaced my old PSU, which was aver old Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W 80+. To a Seasonic Focus GX-850 80+ Gold.

Secondly I also mounted my GPU on a Vertical mount using a 20cm PCIe riser cable rated for 4.0 from Linkup.

Either both or one of the things I did seem to have fixed the issue. My best guess would be that switching out the PSU fixed it, as that would also explain why this issue isn't more wide spread. And why the motherboard manufacturers are unable to reproduce the problem.

0 Kudos
rhsd
Adept II
Adept II

Good to hear! Do you want to undo your changes one at a time and see where it breaks again, so we know for sure?  ;)

I have tried four different power supplies over the past few months... no go. :(  I'll be putting in yet another one once Corsair can get me an HX1200i that doesn't have problems (lots of bad PSU's in that series). I have tried a Thermaltake, too.

The riser is pretty interesting. Have you confirmed the GPU is running in Gen 4.0 with GPU-Z (with the load test)? Is this the cable: Amazon: Linkup? Thanks!

0 Kudos
parasitex
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Yep, it is indeed running 4.0 in GPU-Z. And it's the cables from Amazon. Note that Linkup is available in several different local Amazon sites around the world. I was lucky to find the ones I needed in stock at the local Swedish Amazon which saved me a bunch on shipping.

Unfortunately it's a pain in the ass to change parts atm because i'm running a custom water loop. And can't easily reach the upper CPU power ports with the radiator in the way. And can't move that without draining the system first.

And the same issue with GPU as one of the other upgrades I did was slapping on a giant water block on my 3080. And can't slot that back into the motherboards PCIe port as the hose isn't long enough.

One thing I was also considering as a possible fix to the crackling. Was ordering an adapter to allow me to hook my external USB soundcard to the internal motherboard USB ports which is still 2.0. As i figured they might be less prone to interference than the 3.X ports. But i never got around to testing that as my issues seem to be over.

0 Kudos
rhsd
Adept II
Adept II

0 Kudos
SebusM
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have send my motherboard to the reseller after 2 month of test with the Asus SAV for instabillity of my system after all USB shutdown. It happend 2-3 times per week.

I have some Headphone disconnection all day.

My config is:

CPU : RYZEN 3600 stock

Motherboard : Asus ROG strix B550 e-gaming

RAM : GSKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB 4X8GB 3600 CL16

GPU : GIGABYTE RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 8GD

PSU : Be Quiet Dark power pro 11 650W

Sound : ROG Strix GO 2.4 connected in Audio USB-C port

Sound : Asus VG258QR with Display port

Storage : Sabrent Rocket nvme PCI 3.1 1TB

Storage : Sabrent Rocket nvme PCI 4.0 1TB

Storage : Western Digital WD2003FZEX Black SATA 2TB

USB connected :

Logitech HOTAS X56 in USB 2.0

Logitech G815 in USB 3.0

Logitech G502 HERO in USB 3.0

Windows Version- 20H2

I tried all AMD chipset driver

I tried all bios from ASUS since January (because now my MB is in warranty at the resseller)

0 Kudos
SebusM
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Hello,

I have send my motherboard to the reseller after 2 month of test with the Asus SAV for instabillity of my system after all USB shutdown. It happend 2-3 times per week.

I have some Headphone disconnection all day.

My config is:

CPU : RYZEN 3600 stock

Motherboard : Asus ROG strix B550 e-gaming

RAM : GSKILL Trident Z Neo 32GB 4X8GB 3600 CL16

GPU : GIGABYTE RTX 2070 SUPER Gaming OC 8GD

PSU : Be Quiet Dark power pro 11 650W

Sound : ROG Strix GO 2.4 connected in Audio USB-C port

Sound : Asus VG258QR with Display port

Storage : Sabrent Rocket nvme PCI 3.1 1TB

Storage : Sabrent Rocket nvme PCI 4.0 1TB

Storage : Western Digital WD2003FZEX Black SATA 2TB

USB connected :

Logitech HOTAS X56 in USB 2.0

Logitech G815 in USB 3.0

Logitech G502 HERO in USB 3.0

Windows Version- 20H2

I tried to change all connection in different USB port, remove my HOTAS, change the keyboard, mouse

I tried all AMD chipset driver

I tried all bios from ASUS since January (because now my MB is in warranty at the resseller)

0 Kudos