Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

parasitex
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Audio crackling and USB issues with PCIe Gen 4.0

I had the same audio crackling issue on a Asus ROG Strix x570-E. Tested on both my internal soundcard and external USB with same crackling issue.

Was able to solve it by updating to latest BIOS version 3202 that has AGESA 1.1.9.0

0 Kudos
parasitex
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Or maybe not.. still getting some audio crackling..

0 Kudos
rhsd
Adept II
Adept II

For my board (Gigabyte X570), the latest AGESA with BIOS F32a is still 1.1.0.0 D. It looks like 1.1.9.0 is going to be released (beta) soon and that 1.2.0.0 is having more issues with USB. So... I'm not holding my breath on AMD or Gigabyte fixing this anytime soon. I'm ready to switch back to Intel.

0 Kudos
reunification
Adept I
Adept I

100% support on all of these statements. Experiencing wild issues with Gen 4.0 on the latest Gigabyte BIOS (both 32 and 33a). Something has to be done.

rhsd
Adept II
Adept II

Unfortunately, AGESA 1.2.0.0 in F33a hasn't helped. AMD has continued to be silent on the issue. I have no updates from AMD on my three-month-old support ticket.

kryptk
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Since this has plagued Zen since x370 boards, maybe a class action law suit needs to be done for them to acknowledge and fix the issue. Who would be interested :) 

0 Kudos
thecoversduo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I have the same problem and I already tried everything!
a few days ago I changed from a 1660ti to a 3070 and from there the problems with the audio began.

I have a focusrite 18i20 2nd generation with audio problems
try an alesis multimix interface and the same problem.
with integrated audio no problem
with a usb mxl microphone no problem

asrock x570 steel legend
ryzen 3900
64gb ram Xpg 3200 (4 x 16)
m2 hp ex900

This is a very big problem since I am dedicated to music production and I have not been able to work for days!

0 Kudos
rhsd
Adept II
Adept II

@thecoversduo, have you set your PCIe to Gen 3.0 for your X16 slot in the BIOS?

0 Kudos
thecoversduo
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

At the moment yes! the bad thing is that I lose the speed of my 2 M2 Mvme Drives! but the problem with the audio and other minor things was solved

0 Kudos
rhsd
Adept II
Adept II

@thecoversduo, can you set your X16 slot gen separately in your BIOS? I'm running a Gigabyte Aorus, and they added the ability to set the X16 slot independently from the rest of the PCIe gen, so I'm running the X16 slot at 3.0 and everything else (e.g., NVME) at 4.0. This has been a decent workaround, letting me get full NVME gen4 speed without USB issues (still with slight GPU performance penalty).

0 Kudos