cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Adept II
Adept II

Re: Audio crackling and USB issues with PCIe Gen 4.0

After a fair amount of research and testing, and recreating the issue consistently on two different systems, it pretty much comes down to an AMD PCIe Gen 4.0 implementation issue (which has been known for over a year). I'm hoping they can fix the issue with an AGESA update sometime soon, but I don't have high hopes, as this issue has been out there for so long.

I expect we'll see more people reporting this issue as they upgrade to PCIe Gen 4.0 GPUs.

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

I updated my GPU to a 3080RTX yesterday on an Asus TUF gaming x570 and I have the issue...
Forced the PCIe to V3 and audio crackling is gone :pile_of_poo:

Adept I
Adept I

Why are you running a zen 3 beta bios and complaining that it dosn't work properly?

Anyway the solution is to go watch builzoids videos on youtube you will find the answer there
hint: gigabyte usb

Adept I
Adept I

Run replendance latency mon to find bad drivers

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

This is apparently a very repeatable issue. Yet in this thread I don't see where anyone is reporting this to anyone who can do anything about it? This thread is other users helping users. 

Everyone with this problem should be reporting it to their, main board maker, gpu maker and AMD. 

Report the issue to AMD:

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

Good Luck!

Adept II
Adept II

@xesap58662, you do not understand the issue, clearly. Bulidzoid was addressing the USB 2.0 issue, not the PCIe Gen 4.0 USB (all USB ports) issue. The issue occurs with non-beta BIOS versions, too, including F20, F30, and F31 (just released yesterday).

If you would like more context, read through these threads:

Stay away from Gigabyte (b550 / x570) motherboard if you use USB. : Amd (reddit.com)

PCIe Gen 4 causes USB problems on B550/X570 : Amd (reddit.com)

Adept II
Adept II

@pokester, I have open support tickets (over six weeks old now) with NVIDIA, Gigabyte, and AMD. Unfortunately, none of them have been able to offer any suggestions and all are at the stage of, "we have no updates or suggestions for you."

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

That is all you can do with them then. 

Often it is worthwhile with repeatable issues to message the tech sites with the details.

If they spotlight an issue, it often gets some traction in getting fixed. 

0 Kudos
Adept II
Adept II

The latest rumor is that AGESA 1.1.9.0 may address the issue. Gigabyte is probably a few weeks away from having 1.1.9.0 packaged into the BIOS for my motherboard. I hope the rumor is true. :)

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Me too as the audio issues have been going on since the RDNA release and WHEA issues since the microcode for Zen3 started being introduced late summer 2020. Not sure why AMD is dragging their heals getting issues fixed but will be glad when they finally do.

0 Kudos