Did you mean: 

Processors

kubinamarcin
Journeyman III

Athlon x4 950, memory slow

Hello ,first my setup.

MSI b350 pc mate

Athlon x4 950 AM4 ,

2x4gb hyperX 2400mhz (its on MSI compatibilyty list with pc mate)

MSI RX 560 4g.

And now i got problem with memory speeds , its showing 1200mhz but its ok on the Ryzen platform ,but real problem are the READ AND WRITE SPEEDS and also LATENCY timings .The values are 50% from the values what should be (in compare with ryzen with the same memory chips).If im good guesing the memory controller is in the processor so seems like its not the same on the ryzem processor.

http://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/6501976

Values are almost  the same in AIDA64 memory benchmark ,and also not only i have that problem .All Atlon benchmarks @ userbenchmark are the same bad ,no matter what kind of memory chips used.

Can speed up the memory or problem is pure in the athlon or settings?

0 Likes
2 Replies
neon
Miniboss

DDR4-2400 normally operates at 1200 MHz. The frequency is 1200 MHz, but DDR (Double Data Rate) can transfer data 2x per clock cycle, so it has a transfer rate of 2400 M Transfers /s.

I don't know about userbenchmark you linked, or why it indicates your memory performs in 2nd percentile.

0 Likes

I also dont know but ive compared couple benchmarks with Athlon and Ryzen (with the same memory chips installed ) and coms out dat all chips with Athlons installed are 50% speed (i meant READ WRITE AND LATENCY becouse clocks speeds are ok) .

0 Likes