cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Hugo2001
Adept I

Athlon 3000g

Hello, so i am new to pc building, i don't have much money i just wanted a pc to work. i found a cheap motherboard, asus a320m-a and then i found amd athlon 3000g, i can't understand if they're compatible, can someone help please???

0 Likes
2 Solutions

According to Asus Support for your Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST it does support that processor BUT you must have BIOS version 4801 installed for the Motherboard to recognize and support that processor.

Screenshot 2021-01-03 182424.png

If you Motherboard has a BIOS version less than or older than version 4801, The PC won't boot up since the motherboard won't recognize the processor.

BIOS version 4801 came out in 05/10/2019 so there is an excellent chance you Motherboard will have the correct BIOS installed or newer. So your processor should work out of the box.

Asus Motherboard has a small thin white label next to the CPU Socket in which at the end of the line either first or second line it shows a 4 digit number. That Number should be the BIOS version installed on your motherboard from the factory.

Also you should purchase RAM MEMORY from your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM MEMORY. It only has two lists:

1) One for 2xxx Processors

2) One for RAM Memory.

I would download and update your Motherboard's CHIPSET Driver also once you have Windows up and running from the same link I posted earlier.

View solution in original post

With today's modern Motherboards it is very simple and easy to update the BIOS. There is still some risk involve but compared to the way it was before the new modern type motherboards makes it is easy.

The MOST IMPORTANT part of updating the BIOS is that your computer isn't interrupted WHILE UPDATING - PC loses power or you accidentally shut down the computer etc.

All Motherboards come with a BIOS Flash program. You will need to go to your Motherboard's Manual to learn how to use it.

NOTE: If by a very rare chance your motherboard is older than 05/2019 (Which I highly doubt it is)  which means it has the wrong BIOS installed you will need to order a AMD BOOT KIT, if still available, to update the BIOS on your Motherboard or take it to the Retailer to update the BIOS for you or a computer shop or find a supported AMD Processor to update the BIOS.

As  for installing a Clean Windows 10 on your computer. Go to Microsoft Windows Download page from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Screenshot 2021-01-05 073743.png

Download the Windows Creation Tool. Then use it to either download an .ISO Windows  Installation file (I suggest you do this so that you will be able to Re-install Windows in the future) or burn a USB  Flash drive or DVD disc.

Once you have the USB or DVD disc burnt with your Window's Installation file, make sure you go into BIOS and select the USB or DVD drive to boot up first.

It should then scan the hardware for your USB or DVD Drive and start the Windows Installation program. From there just follow the instructions.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

According to Asus Support for your Motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST it does support that processor BUT you must have BIOS version 4801 installed for the Motherboard to recognize and support that processor.

If you Motherboard has a BIOS version less than or older than version 4801, The PC won't boot up since the motherboard won't recognize the processor.

BIOS version 4801 came out in 05/10/2019 so there is an excellent chance you Motherboard will have the correct BIOS installed or newer. So your processor should work out of the box.

Asus Motherboard has a small thin white label next to the CPU Socket in which at the end of the line either first or second line it shows a 4 digit number. That Number should be the BIOS version installed on your motherboard from the factory.

Also you should purchase RAM MEMORY from your Motherboard's QVL List for RAM MEMORY. It only has two lists:

2) One for RAM Memory.

I would download and update your Motherboard's CHIPSET Driver also once you have Windows up and running from the same link I posted earlier.

@elstaci wrote:

2) One for RAM Memory.

Hello, thank you so much for the awesome response, i have one more question, (hoping not to bother), as I said i am kind of a noob at this, is it easy to install bios? and if so could you please explain how to do it?

p.s. the site where im purchasing all of these things say they can include windows 10 for 100€, but i can install it with a usb that has the boot right??

Thanks again! :)

0 Likes

With today's modern Motherboards it is very simple and easy to update the BIOS. There is still some risk involve but compared to the way it was before the new modern type motherboards makes it is easy.

The MOST IMPORTANT part of updating the BIOS is that your computer isn't interrupted WHILE UPDATING - PC loses power or you accidentally shut down the computer etc.

All Motherboards come with a BIOS Flash program. You will need to go to your Motherboard's Manual to learn how to use it.

NOTE: If by a very rare chance your motherboard is older than 05/2019 (Which I highly doubt it is)  which means it has the wrong BIOS installed you will need to order a AMD BOOT KIT, if still available, to update the BIOS on your Motherboard or take it to the Retailer to update the BIOS for you or a computer shop or find a supported AMD Processor to update the BIOS.

As  for installing a Clean Windows 10 on your computer. Go to Microsoft Windows Download page from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

Screenshot 2021-01-05 073743.png

Download the Windows Creation Tool. Then use it to either download an .ISO Windows  Installation file (I suggest you do this so that you will be able to Re-install Windows in the future) or burn a USB  Flash drive or DVD disc.

Once you have the USB or DVD disc burnt with your Window's Installation file, make sure you go into BIOS and select the USB or DVD drive to boot up first.

It should then scan the hardware for your USB or DVD Drive and start the Windows Installation program. From there just follow the instructions.

Hello, I had to spend my money on something else, but now I have money again, I wanted to buy amd ryzen 3 2200g 3.5ghz on an asus prime a320m-a, can anyone tell me if this is good or isn’t? I’m not going to play heavy games so i think that having integrated graphics is good right? I just wanted to know that my motherboard and this cpu won’t give me too much trouble because I don’t have much money..

0 Likes