cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

the-ephus
Journeyman III

Athlon 200GE with two m.2 NVME drives?

Hello, I'm having some issues with m.2 NVME SSDs with the Athlon 200GE.

Situation: I have an Asus ROG Strix B450-I with two m.2 NVME drives. I was using a Ryzen 2700 without issue, but I sold that and switched to an Athlon 200GE as a placeholder until the next gen APUs are released.

When I switched CPUs, suddenly neither m.2 drive was recognized. After a lot of fiddling in the UEFI, including A UEFI update, I was able to trigger a setting which allowed the CPU PCIE lanes to be shared. After that, the m.2_2 drive (boot drive) was recognized, but still nothing for the m.2_1 drive on the bottom of the board.

I've heard that the Athlon 200GE has fewer PCIE lanes and that I should expect slower NVME speed, but should it support two m.2 NVME drives at once? FYI, I'm not using a GPU.

0 Likes
1 Solution

According to your Asus Motherboard Specs, Ryzen CPU supports two M.2 devices while a Ryzen APU support only one: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING | ROG - Republic Of Gamers | ASUS USA 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

According to your Asus Motherboard Specs, Ryzen CPU supports two M.2 devices while a Ryzen APU support only one: ASUS ROG STRIX B450-I GAMING | ROG - Republic Of Gamers | ASUS USA 

Thank you!  Not sure how I missed that.

0 Likes

Here's the foot notes for that... Always check the footnotes....

Note

*1 The M.2_2 slot shares with PCIE x16. When M.2_2 slot runs in PCIE mode, the PCIE x16 slot will run at x8 mode.
*2 M.2_2 is unsupported when using these CPUs.
*3 Due to limitations in HDA bandwidth, 32-Bit/192kHz is not supported for 8-Channel audio.