cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

larutaku791
Journeyman III

Athlon 200GE in A320M PRO VH PLUS error - The PC doesn´t boot for frist tiem

I don´t have money to buy a old gen processor and the store doesn´t upgrades motherboards so.. what can I do?

0 Likes
3 Replies

Your Motherboard MUST have this BIOS Version or later for your Athlon 200GE to be able to boot up: Support For A320M PRO-VH PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

AthlonRaven RidgeYD200GC6M2OFB200GE1003.2GHz1MB4MBB035AMDRadeonVega3 1100MHz7B07v36.zip

Plus you should have RAM Memory installed from your Motherboard's QVL List: Support For A320M PRO-VH PLUS | Motherboard - The world leader in motherboard design | MSI Global 

Make sure you have all the Motherboard Power connection cables connected including the 8 Pin CPU Power connector. It won't boot up if you don't have the CPU Power cable connected to the motherboard.

If your Motherboard doesn't have the correct minimum BIOS installed and the Retailer won't update the BIOS. You have several choices you can make:

1) If you can enter BIOS then use a USB Flash driver to update your motherboard's BIOS. From your manual:

2)  You can install an older CPU that will work on your motherboard so then you will be able to update the BIOS. Then once the BIOS is updated you can install the new APU.

3) Take the motherboard to a Computer shop to have them update the BIOS for you.

4) See if you qualify for AMD's BOOT KIT.  If you qualify, AMD will send you an old APU to install so that you will be able to updated the BIOS on your motherboard. Unable to Boot New Desktop System Configured with AMD 2nd Generation Ryzen™ Desktop Processor, and A... 

Thank you so much, I will send the information needed for the boot kit because the store don't want to change the mother board and I don't have an older APU to make it work, by the ways the Power Cable of the CPU have 4 pins, it's an old one..

0 Likes

It seems like your CPU - Athlon may not qualify for the AMD BOOT KIT. but you can ask to see if they can still send you a boot kit since your motherboard does support Ryzen CPUs.

0 Likes