Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Linar
Journeyman III

Athlon 200ge + asus A320M-k external graphics card does not work

Athlon 200ge + asus A320M-k внешняя видеокарта не работает
я не могу подключить дискретную видеокарту.Все это время встроенная графика работает, независимо от настроек bios.PCIe работает, кулеры вращаются,если выключить дополнительную мощность, загорается соответствующий индикатор.Кто столкнулся с такой проблемой и решил ее, пожалуйста, поделитесь своим опытом.

0 Likes
1 Solution

First since you didn't give any computer information I am just guessing.

What is the Make & Model of your GPU Card?

In BIOS to you have the GPU Card set as the Main Display Device and not your Integrated Graphics?

If in BIOS that specific setting from above is set to Auto or PCIe then as soon as you installed the GPU Card it should have enabled the GPU card as the Main Display device and disabled the integrated Graphics of the Athlon 200ge.

Also what is showing in Device Manager when you have the GPU card installed?

But when you give the information required by AMD Forum concerning your computer setup then I can offer more suggestions.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies

First since you didn't give any computer information I am just guessing.

What is the Make & Model of your GPU Card?

In BIOS to you have the GPU Card set as the Main Display Device and not your Integrated Graphics?

If in BIOS that specific setting from above is set to Auto or PCIe then as soon as you installed the GPU Card it should have enabled the GPU card as the Main Display device and disabled the integrated Graphics of the Athlon 200ge.

Also what is showing in Device Manager when you have the GPU card installed?

But when you give the information required by AMD Forum concerning your computer setup then I can offer more suggestions.

0 Likes

In the bios, I did not set any settings, even turned off uefi and turned on the cms-nothing helps.

Video Cards 1)Asus-9800gt 2)Gigabyte-gtx750 1gb 3)Msi-gtx 1050 2gb. Only one video card worked-rx550, which I took from a friend.

In the device manager, none other than the rx550 is defined.

0 Likes

Then your issue is with Nvidia since all those other GPU cards are all Nvidia GPU cards. Which you mentioned that none are showing in Device Manager. You need to install the Nvidia GPU Driver for those GPU cards to be recognized.

But I not sure if AMD Drivers will be in conflict with the Nvidia Drivers on the same motherboard.

I suggest you open a thread at Nvidia GForce Forums and ask them there about your problems you are having with Nvidia GPU cards.

Since the AMD RX550 is recognized and working that indicates that the AMD driver is installed and at least working.

NOTE: Are you using 4 GPUs in your computer (3 Nvidia and 1 AMD) at the same time?

0 Likes

No, I don't use it.Nvidia graphics cards are not defined in the bios.

0 Likes

It seems to me that this is some kind of non-compatibility with the processor. the athlon 200ge allocates only 4 pci lines for the video card.If this is the problem, are there any ways to solve this situation?

0 Likes

These are the specs for your Asus Motherboard concerning PCIe slots: https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards-Components/Motherboards/All-series/PRIME-A320M-K/techspec/

Expansion Slots
3rd/2nd/1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x16 mode)
2nd and 1st Gen AMD Ryzen™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics /7th Generation A-series/Athlon X4 Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x8 mode)
AMD Athlon™ with Radeon™ Vega Graphics Processors
1 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x16 (x4 mode)
AMD A320 chipset
2 x PCIe 2.0 x1

Your Motherboard only supports one GPU card slot since it only has one PCIex16 slot.

So I don't understand exactly what your problem is. Is it that your Nvidia GPU cards are not recognized when you install it on the single PCIex16 slot of your motherboard?

Note: Most modern GPU cards require PCIe x16 3.0 x8 mode to work or comparable mode in PCIe x 16 slots. So if none of your Nvidia GPU cards are recognize it is still a Nvidia issue and you should open a Nvidia Gforce forum thread.

Obviously the slot is working since the RX550 works in it. So should your Nvidia GPU cards.

So unless I am misreading your question or you haven't provided enough details about your issue.
0 Likes