cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sergiomc22
Adept I

ASUS X512DA with AMD Ryzen 5 Mobile 3500U

Hello good evening, I ask for your help with the following problem.
I have an Asus X512DA laptop that has 20Gb of RAM, with a 1Tb SSD hard drive.
But the problem with the laptop is that it is too slow. I have verified that the CPU or cores are only at 0.40 GHz and not at their maximum speed which is 2.1 GHz.
I have installed the latest drivers from ASUS, also the one from AMD and there is no solution.
If I enter device manager, the Processor drivers, it comes out manufacturer Microsoft (year 2009) and not AMD.

Apart from that, I also tried to modify everything related to the energy plan by changing from an economic plan to a high performance plan from windows but no luck

I will be grateful if you can guide me on how I can improve the performance of the processor.

Thanks a lot.

Sergiomc22

Laptop info:
Model: ASUS X512DA
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
RAM: 20 Gb
SSD: 1 Tb

0 Likes
4 Replies

@sergiomc22 wrote:

Hello good evening, I ask for your help with the following problem.
I have an Asus X512DA laptop that has 20Gb of RAM, with a 1Tb SSD hard drive.
But the problem with the laptop is that it is too slow. I have verified that the CPU or cores are only at 0.40 GHz and not at their maximum speed which is 2.1 GHz.
I have installed the latest drivers from ASUS, also the one from AMD and there is no solution.
If I enter device manager, the Processor drivers, it comes out manufacturer Microsoft (year 2009) and not AMD.

Apart from that, I also tried to modify everything related to the energy plan by changing from an economic plan to a high performance plan from windows but no luck

I will be grateful if you can guide me on how I can improve the performance of the processor.

Thanks a lot.

Sergiomc22

Laptop info:
Model: ASUS X512DA
Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
RAM: 20 Gb
SSD: 1 Tb

I would use DDU in safe mode to delete all vestiges of prior drivers.

Delete the contents of C:/AMD of all previous drivers.

Set Windows Update to delay automatic installation of drivers.

Install the drivers Asus recommends for the graphics.

Screenshot_2.png

0 Likes

Last night I turned off the laptop (it actually went into sleep mode)
Today I just turned it on and I see that it is already fast as before.
I check the speed of the cpu's and I see that they are at the top.

The only thing I did yesterday was to reinstall the drivers from the AMD page, but this time I put the latest version and not the one that says recommended.

But last night despite that, the cpu's speed still went out at 0.40 GHz.

Today after 8 hours without being used, the cpus are good, but the temperature if I see it higher than last night.

I will try to put screenshots of yesterday and today so that you can see how it was.

Cheers

0 Likes

After 3 hours using MS Teams, the cpu cores are slow again: 0.39 GHz.

Is it an AMD problem or Windows?

I don't know what more can I do.

0 Likes

Sadly, no luck with solutions. Tried everything. I had to sell the laptop.

0 Likes