Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

hlmohn
Journeyman III

ASUS ROG B450-F POST Fail: CPU LED

Howdy Alles,

I'm encountering problems with the power-on self test (POST) of a new build.

Hardware spec:

CPU:  Ryzen 5 1600 YD1600BBAEBOX

Motherboard:  ASUS ROG B450-F Gaming

Memory: Corsair 2666: CMK16GX4M2A2666C16

Graphics card: MSI Radeon RX570 ARMOR 4G OCV1

PSU: Corsair RM650X

I assembled per instructions (this is not my first build), and system failed POST.  ASUS motherboards have a "Q LED" failure light that includes DRAM (Yellow) and CPU (Red).  At startup, the DRAM LED lit for about one second, then the CPU LED comes on and stays on.  No POST beep codes.  Removing all system DRAM and re-starting (in deliberate fail mode) causes the DRAM LED to light up and stay lit, and beep code indicating "No Memory Detected" activates.

CPU pins are in good order; plenty of thermal paste on cooler.

Is this a bad CPU, or could the motherboard be somehow at fault?

Thanks!

0 Likes
2 Replies

Could either be a defective Motherboard or Processor.

Open a "Live Chat' or Support Ticket with Asus Support and  explain your symptoms to see if they feel your motherboard needs to be RMAed. 

Also open a AMD WARRANTY REQUEST from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form  and also ask them if the Processor needs to be RMAed  IF LESS than 3 years old and your personally purchased the Processor.

By any chance, is the CPU Cooler installed correctly and turning on when you power up?

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.  I opened a support ticket with Asus and will be sending the board for repair/replacement.  CPU Cooler was correctly installed and turning on at power up.