cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

DelTacoBoi
Adept II

ASUS Dark Hero x570/Ryzen 5900x nightmare so far.

Since upgrading to the Asus Dark Hero x570 and Ryzen 5900x I have had nothing but issues and the computer is pretty much unusable from temp issues to USB disconnection issues.

Initially I have having an issue where the CPU temps where unreasonably high. Idle was 60c from cold boot, then when I open a game say Cold War it would instantly shoot up to about 78c then after one 10 min game I'm 80-85c. And before you say "oh that's normal Ryzen runs hot" no it should not be to this degree right off the bat. And YES my AIO mount is fine/tested and re applied proper NON stock Thermal Paste.

I realized that the v core was always a constant 1.45v. After researching I found some PBO/Curve Optimizer settings that fixed the issue. PBO enabled> advanced> PBO limits Disabled> All Core> -30 offset. Boom issue fixed everything great. 40c idle, 67c after hours of gaming, 4.4ghz all core stable.

THEN, I Updated to a STABLE new bios for the board and all the issues came back. Tried reverting the settings that I had, Tried putting everything stock, tried disabling DOCP, Tried turning off any PBO of any sort, then finally reinstalled Windows.. nothing worked. V core and cores fluctuating and going nuts, temps shoot up, etc.

Reached out to ASUS support who said they think "The sensors on the board went out" and they wanted me to send my brand new board in for repair... No way.

Beyond frustrated I re-purchased, BRAND new, EVERY component in this machine, rebuild the machine with brand new versions of the SAME components, except the GPU because I had no issue with that. Reinstalled windows on NEW drives, and now the board has not only the SAME issue with the Temps, but a new even worse issue where the USB devices keep disconnecting for 4-5 seconds every 5 min or so making it unusable! Also in iCUE the Commander Pro fan hub, keyboard, mouse, AIO, RAM, lighting strips are all detected but the lighting node core which controls the RGHB for the fans is NOT detected.

Its plugged into known good USB and SATA power, nothing.

At this point I'm pulling my hair out and am ready to just go back to intel because I'm at a loss.

Lian Li 0-11 Dynamic
Ryzen 5900x
Asus Dark Hero x570
Asus Strix RTX 3080
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3200mhz (4x8)
Corsair h150i elite capellix triple fan
Corsair RMx1000 PSU

0 Likes
1 Solution

My bad I did not mean you, I was told this by Corsair support in their forums.  I did purchase this NZXT hub and it worked.  Thank you for your reply!

View solution in original post

28 Replies