cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

candasulas
Newcomer

Asus Crosshair VI Extreme 1 long 3 short Beep warning with VGA and BOOT led?

Hello to everyone. I own an Asus X370 Crosshair Extreme motherboard.
I'm having an interesting problem.

After purchasing my motherboard, I updated the BIOS with the Flashback feature. I installed the system properly. I installed Windows and drivers.

Then I installed the windows updates. After using it for a few days, I turned off the computer. When I opened it in the morning, the computer did not have a screenshot. 1 Long 3 Short beeps. In addition, the VGA led and the Boot led were on.

I reset the BIOS. I removed the processor. I distributed the entire system. I tried individual rams. I tried the video card. I tried the power supply. There is no malfunction in any of the components. But the motherboard behaves strangely. I tried different versions of the BIOS again, the result did not change. I always get the same sound and led alert. I tried to install and supply power with different graphics cards ram and processor, the result did not change.

When I insert the video card into the second PCIE X16 slot, the system operates normally and boots up. However, when it is inserted into the first slot, the system warns as I described the reaction. No image appears on the screen.

My system components are as follows;
AMD Ryzen 3800x
Asus ROG Crosshair VI Extreme
GSKILL Tridentz RGB 4X16 GB 3200 MHZ DDR4
Asus ROG Strix VEGA 64
Corsair RM850X PSU.

I talked to the distributor of the motherboard and explained the problem. We will find a solution. but I want to ask here too. Has anyone had a similar problem? Or what would you suggest me to do?

0 Likes
4 Replies

seems like 1 long beep with 3 short beeps indicates a graphic related error - your GPU.

In the images it shows your motherboard's Trouble Digital codes "A9" and "AE" which according to Asus means "

A9

Start of Setup

AE

Legacy Boot event

Motherboard] General Qcode / Q-code / Post Code table for ASUS motherboards | Official Support | ASU... 

This tech site explains what "Legacy Boot event' indicates and how to fix the issure: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/461347-legacy-boot-event/ 

According to this tech site Trouble Code "A9": Asus mobo stuck at Q Code A9, no display | Tom's Hardware Forum 

Sounds like your motherboard's PCIe x 16 slot is either defective or in BIOS that specific slot is mis-configured since it works in the second PCIe X 16 slot.

On some 500 series Motherboards you can change the PCIe x 16 slot from PCIe version 4.0 to version 3.0 in UEFI/BIOS Settings.

But I was getting the same error without the disks attached. I dismantled the whole system. The same problem occurred when I only tried with processor ram and video card. If this is a boot issue, isn't it interesting that it does the same without disks?

What would you suggest me do exactly?

0 Likes

Do a CMOS CLEAR to set your BIOS back to factory default and see if that helps.

Install the last BIOS update for your motherboard:

"When I insert the video card into the second PCIE X16 slot, the system operates normally and boots up. However, when it is inserted into the first slot, the system warns as I described the reaction. No image appears on the screen."  This seems to indicate your motherboard slot went bad (defective Motherboard) or it is not configured correctly in UEFI/BIOS in my opinion since everything was working correctly at the beginning for several days.

Temporarily install your GPU card in the second PCIe slot that it does work and boots up and open a Asus Support ticket. I use the "Chat' feature which is faster.

Asus Support might determine if you need to RMA your motherboard to be checked to see if it is defective (not recognizing your GPU card is installed) or they can mention which BIOS setting or procedure you need to make your GPU work in Slot #1 on your motherboard.

From your motherboard Specs at Asus Support: ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME | Motherboards | ASUS USA 

You have a very new Asus CHIPSET drivers to download from Asus Support: ROG CROSSHAIR VI EXTREME Driver & Tools | Motherboards | ASUS USA

See if by updating your Asus CHIPSET drivers will fix your issue.

EDIT: From your Asus Motherboard Manual:

Here are your Beeps codes for your Asus Motherboard from the manual:

Here is in your Motherboard BIOS where you can configure PCIe x16 Slot #1:

I have attached your motherboard Manual since I needed to download it anyways if your interested. Note: The BIOS information may be Out-Dated from the latest BIOS version you have installed but most should be the same.

try another video card

0 Likes