cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

archy34
Adept I

asrock 970 PRO 3 dont working with phenom II xx 1075

asrock 970 PRO 3 dont working with phenom II xx 1075. What is cause?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Very thorough answer, thanks.

Additionally, if possibly

1. How about cooler - Ryzens are hot. Are needed additional funs in tower?

2. Which processor calculate faster - with more kernels or with higher tact frequency?

3. Memory RAM which firm more suitable for AMD? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
9 Replies

according to your motherboard's CPU SUPPORT LIST it should work out of the box with BIOS version P1.10.

But I noticed there is one last BIOS version listed and it is version P2.00: https://www.asrock.com/mb/amd/970%20pro3/#BIOS

What do you mean the processor doesn't work with your motherboard?

You have no video output?

Check your computer's HDD/SDD LED light and see if it is constantly blinking or on all the time when powering up. IF it is then that indicates that your computer is booting up into Windows but without any video output.

What GPU Card do you have installed? 

When you power up are all the computer's Fans working including the Processor and GPU card (if applicable)?

0 Likes

comp not starting

fans working

GPU msi geforce 1650

0 Likes

Maybe I must stop and  rethink my actions. What are your recommendations for new computer high productivity (not gaming) with optimal price-quality?  geforce 1650 quite suitable for design works and computations, I think,

With best respects
Archy34
0 Likes

Depends on your budget. You do have a low budget GPU card but newer, so to upgrade you will need to purchase:

1- AM4 Motherboard

2-Ryzen Processor

3-Ryzen & Motherboard compatible RAM Memory

4-Possibly a new PSU

The computer setup you now have is at least 6 year old.

What is the Make & Model of your PSU? 

As to your PC not booting up:

1- You mentioned all the fans are working. Is the computer case HDD LED light blinking or on constantly or is it off when you power up?

2-What Beeps does you computer show when it powers up?  Normally if it Beeps once that means that everything checked good and is booting into Windows. But if it has more than one Beep or a sequence of Beeps that indicates some hardware problem or failure.

Both the GPU Fans and CPU Cooler Fans are working?

Did you just purchased and installed the GPU card and if so what is your PSU wattage?

For the Nvidia GTX 1650 you need a minimum PSU wattage of 380 Watts.

If you have the Nvidia 1650 Super you need a PSU wattage of 400 watts plus connecting one PCIe GPU Power cable.

0 Likes

PowerMan 650w

m.b. this PSU not supported my motherboard?

On $1500-2000 which configuration may be? If not too high demand from me, can you point out 2-3 possible positions on each main item?

0 Likes

No the PSU is fine for what you have.

When I upgraded from my AM3+ Motherboard to a AM4 Ryzen Motherboard I spent about $700.00 total ( During the Holidays when prices were less expensive or on sell):

1- Asus TUF GAMING X570 PRO (WiFi) - around $220.00

2-Ryzen 7 3700X Processor - Around $300.00

3- G-Skill Trident-Z NEO 2x16 (32 GB) around $180.00

Used the same PSU (8 y/o 850 watt Corsair), Computer case, and all other previous hardware including a GTX 1070.

I chose Asus Motherboards because they tend to be slightly higher in quality but a little bit more expensive. The Motherboard I chose the TUF Gaming X570 Pro has a very important feature called the BIOS FLASHBACK Button where you can update the BIOS on the motherboard without needing a processor install. Just need to power up the unit and hit the switch with a USB Flash drive with the BIOS you want to update with. Plus it has 8 SATA Ports on it and is compatible with the Rzyen 5000 series processors.

Originally I purchased the Asus ROG Hero VIII (WiFi) but it arrived DOA from Amazon. That Motherboard cost around $400.00 with almost the same features as the cheaper Asus TUF GAMING X570 Pro (WiFi).

But you can check the any A-500 or B-500 series Motherboards which cost a lot less then the X570 to save money. I suggest the 500 Series motherboards since they are best suited for the latest Processors and BIOS updates.

Anyway that is what I bought when I upgraded to my current AM4 with the Ryzen Processor PC.

NOTE: I suggest you get high quality RAM MEMORY listed on the Motherboard's QVL LIST for RAM MEMORY for the type of Processor you are planning on buying.

But maybe some other Users can give you their inputs into what type of hardware you will need for the purpose you have in mind.

0 Likes

Very thorough answer, thanks.

Additionally, if possibly

1. How about cooler - Ryzens are hot. Are needed additional funs in tower?

2. Which processor calculate faster - with more kernels or with higher tact frequency?

3. Memory RAM which firm more suitable for AMD? 

0 Likes

Depends on the Ryzen processor you get. If it comes bundled with a Wraith CPU Cooler that will be sufficient for normal use. But if you are planning on Rending or other CPU heavy load type programs I suggest you purchase a 3rd party CPU Cooler of at least 150 TDP rating or higher for a 105 or less  TDP processor.

The better air flow you have inside your computer case the cooler your hardware will run and the less energy will be used by the fans running at high speeds due to hot hardware.

As for RAM Memory just go by the Motherboard's QVL List for your processor. Those RAM Modules have been tested by the Manufacturer to be compatible with both the Motherboard and Processor.

You can also check the RAM Manufacturer website and use their RAM Calculator or Finder to see which RAM is compatible with your motherboard and processor.

As to which RAM Manufacturer is best, they all have good high quality RAM so mainly it depends on your budget and how much you want to spend. 

In my case, G-Skill Trident-Z NEO are totally compatible with Ryzen processors but again I purchased a Corsair Kit of 4x4 GB Ram when I had my AM3+ Motherboard. That Ram lasted many years (PC on mainly 24/7)  without issue before one of the four sticks went bad. 

I would just google the RAM you are planning to purchase and read any reviews about it to see if they are good or not. I usually go by the Retailer's Customer reviews one star Reviews to see if I see any pattern of defection with the RAM or with the Manufacturer.

As too:

'Which processor calculate faster - with more kernels or with higher tact frequency?"

Someone else is going to have to answer that for you.

NOTE: I just gave my opinion of the hardware I purchased. Other Users, I am sure, will give you a similar opinion concerning other motherboard manufacturers and hardware.

0 Likes

1650 gaming. Picture on display excellent with old motherboard asus m4 87  with one half working

0 Likes