cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

kwshrd88
Adept I

apu/cpu upgrade on an AMD Socket AM4 Red Skull Bristol Desktop Motherboard

Hi everybody, I was wanting to see if anyone at all could help me here with an upgrade to my apu. I currently have an amd a10 9700 r7 apu. It's on amd am4 red skull bristol motherboard. I was trying to find the best possible apu or cpu upgrade that I could use on this motherboard without going over the motherboard capabilities. It's old yes I know, I'm only looking to make a few inexpensive upgrades without buying a completely new motherboard ect. any help would be great. thx

0 Likes
1 Solution

Well if this is your computer

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/desktop-computers/inspiron-gaming-desktop/spd/inspiron-5675-gaming-d...

Which is what "AMD Red Skull motherboard" returns in a web search, then you will need to contact Dell to find out which CPUs are supported for that exact model computer.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Your motherboard's support page will have a CPU compatibility list for your model.

black_zion thank you for the reply. I'm attempting to upgrade my motherboard out to the best spec possible and I'm looking for the best possible processor that's compatible. I haven't been able to find any motherboard compatibility page, if you're able to find it, could you link it for me please, I'll keep looking for it as well. Also any suggestions on what anyone might think the best possible processor would be for my motherboard please share, thx all : ]

0 Likes

Well if this is your computer

https://www.dell.com/en-us/shop/desktop-computers/inspiron-gaming-desktop/spd/inspiron-5675-gaming-d...

Which is what "AMD Red Skull motherboard" returns in a web search, then you will need to contact Dell to find out which CPUs are supported for that exact model computer.

black_zion, that is my current pc in the link you attached, thank you for that .I'll go ahead and see if Dell support can help me out with my build 

0 Likes