cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gkeawe
Challenger
Challenger

Anyone else see large Hardware Reserved memory?

Windows 10 version 1703 OS Build 16199.1000

lg_hardware_reserve.jpg

0 Kudos
7 Replies
zedd137
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Anyone else see large Hardware Reserved memory?

0 Kudos
gigabytes
Adept III
Adept III

Check your manual and make sure you have the modules in the right slots. Should be A2 and B2.

0 Kudos
gkeawe
Challenger
Challenger

I have all four slots populated, I did rearrange them and restarted the system and it seems to be back to normal. I have encountered that a few times while swapping memory modules in and out of the system. There is something strange going on, maybe its a Windows issue or bios issue not sure.

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

is that an asus board? if so are you using the ram cache software? is the settings in bios ganged or unganged? whats your page filing set at, or virtual memory, or video memory whichever you like to call it..? is the bios set to interleaving or not? is that a matched set of ram, probably is just checking. sounds like maybe the mobo driver chipset irq calls are incorrect or maybe a bad channel or crack in board..

figure those questions out then try reinstalling mobo drivers to see if there is a corrupted chip driver first.. !

you dont have 2 8gb gpu's stuffed under the hood do ya? lol

0 Kudos
gkeawe
Challenger
Challenger

I have the Asus Prime B350-Plus with the 0803 beta bios. The unusually high hardware reserved memory was seen before the beta bios. The way I got rid of it was to remove the modules and move them around to different slots, after restarting I haven't seen it again, it may be an issue with the version of Windows as I am running an Insider Preview of Windows version 1703 OS Build 16215.1000, I just found it odd that there was that much memory being used by hardware.

0 Kudos
pezzy
Adept I
Adept I

Tends to indicate memory incompatibility. Are you running Asus Aura?

0 Kudos
rebelyell
Exemplar
Exemplar

rog cpuid 1.78 also messes up aura. upgrade cpuid to 1.79.3 .. i do know the b350 boards are getting bios updates fastest due to memory issues with ryzen.

0 Kudos