cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lazywolfy
Adept I

Any plans to make the AMD Carrizo A10-8700P CPU compatible with windows 10 creators update or is my 1 1/2 year old laptop now not fit for purpose?

As above. Found out today my processor does not work with the creators update. Is there a Fix coming up for this or should I be scrapping this laptop?

See below for the info that I discovered on microsoft's webpage.

"If you try to update a Windows 10 device with an AMD Carrizo A10-8700P CPU to the Creators Update, you might see one of the following Stop error codes:

• 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 (The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation).
  • SYSTEM PTE MISUSE

Windows will then revert to your previous version of Windows 10 rather than install the Creators Update.

Currently, we don’t recommend trying to update to the Windows 10 Creators Update through the Update Assistant or Media Creation Tool (MCT) if you have this processor, and will be providing more information on supported processors."

Only discovered this after many hours of trying to upgrade my windows.

11 Replies
lazywolfy
Adept I

Re: Any plans to make the AMD Carrizo A10-8700P CPU compatible with windows 10 creators update or is my 1 1/2 year old laptop now not fit for purpose?

I am now talking to hp about this too.

roiweber13
Journeyman III

Re: Any plans to make the AMD Carrizo A10-8700P CPU compatible with windows 10 creators update or is my 1 1/2 year old laptop now not fit for purpose?

I am also having the same issue with the newest update to Windows 10. Instead of scrapping the whole lap-top, is there another processor I can swap out that will work with that Windows 10, and still be compatible to the HP Pavilion HP 17-g121wm ? I would rather download amd cpu driver update with the amd pro control center.

Thank you,

0 Kudos
jenkins_tia
Journeyman III

hp says it is AMD's fault and also there is not another processor that will work in the laptop due to size and shape 

0 Kudos
lazywolfy
Adept I

Yeah I found this out too. Luckily in not we have really good consumer laws. I am now going through a claim with the company that sold these too me. Also found out they just pulled all the laptops woth these processors so obviously they know there is an issue with them.

0 Kudos
jenkins_tia
Journeyman III

here in the United states they dont have that law and I was at Walmart last night and they are STILL selling the same laptop

0 Kudos
drm
Journeyman III

I have the same problem with my HP with the AMD A10-8700P CPU. It won't accept the creator's edition of win 10. Also bought at walmart for my wife.

0 Kudos
georgent
Journeyman III

Hi guys

I am also an owner of an hp laptop that came with A10-8780p extreme. Of course i have the same problem like you do when trying to update to creators. Is there a public statement from microsoft that it doesnt support carrizo apu's? I have read plenty of posts in several forums saying that if you hide the tpm module from bios actually the installer starts. I tried it once, the installer started but at 'getting devices ready' i've got a bsod. Some people are saying is the broadcom driver for bluetooth and the one for the wireless lan card. I dont remember ever had these kind of problems with any laptop ever!

0 Kudos
tracit99
Journeyman III

Hello georgent, I disabled and hid TPM in BIOS and I was able to complete a Clean Install on my HP Pavilion 17-gwm121 which has the A10 7800P APU. I obviously have different hardware than you do. I don't have any Bluethooth in my system and WIFI (Realtek) is working without issue, The only problem I have is with the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller (LAN). The driver initially installed by Windows shows an error 10 in Device Manager. I have downloaded Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller 10.016 2017/4/21 from Realtek website. During Setup in the Installing Driver phase Windows Creators Update crashes hard. So bad that I was never ever able to reboot my system with that Windows partition. I was unable to repair the damage and I had to scrap that install. I have emailed Realtek requesting a Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller driver that is compatible with the Windows Creators Update. Now I wait and search for a compatible driver.

As a side note I attempted an Upgrade of my Windows 14393.953 to the Creators Update and it failed at 32% during System_Prep phase. I suspect this is caused by the Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller drive as well. I have no proof, but just a hunch.

0 Kudos
georgent
Journeyman III

Hi tracit99, thank you for your answer!

Did you actually find a workaround with the realtek PCIe Fe ethernet controller? Because i have the same on my laptop and i am sure that i will have problem also 😕

0 Kudos