Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

MrPepka
Journeyman III

Another old game doesn't work

Hello
I read about all these Mass Effect problems with AMD Bulldozer and newer processors, and also Max Payne with Zen 2 processors. Unfortunately, another game has appeared that has problems with Zen 2 processors. This game is adidas Power Soccer. In the past, the game worked OK on these processors, although you had to struggle to start it, but with BIOS updates and thus AGESA updates, the game displays the message "Unable to start a timer interrupt - your system may need rebooting" at startup. Sorry, but I have no ideas how to fix this game. Could someone from AMD take a look at this game?

0 Likes
2 Replies

In this forum you are only asking other USERS.

If you want to ask AMD support you can do that here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

I highly doubt a game from 1997 is going to be something they will look into.

I have not tried this game but have found that some games that I can't get to run will sometimes run in emulators, or vrms etc... you might look into something like that. 

0 Likes

Perhaps this game would run on virtual machines (in private, however, I use Hyper-V incompatible with Windows 9x, so I have no way to check). No less the game worked before and after updating the BIOS it stopped working. Unfortunately, I don't know from which AGESA version the game stopped working. What does it look like with others? Anyone have this game at all (it's not especially rare, but it's not very popular for sure)?

0 Likes