cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Scougar
Journeyman III

AMD, Why are your APU CPU portions so weak? e.g. 5600g

I'm left extremely disappointed with your APU's for one particular reason.   The CPU portion of your APU's fall's flat in comparison to the 5600X/5700X CPU only models.

In high frame rate titles, and to a lesser extent any title.. they simply cannot keep up.  Intel does not have this problem with the CPU's that include iGPU's, so why on earth did you nerf these chips?

1) Adding a discrete GPU later? Yup... you guessed it.. nerfed performance compared to the CPU only models.  25% to 40% difference in higher frame rate titles.

2) Want to do GPU passthrough with a powerful card? Sure... but you get the nerf'd results.  In some titles we are talking 25 to 40% difference in upper frame limits.

This cannot be down to the 'just' the half cache you decided to use, there is something else going on. And if it is... then a really poor choice on your part.

I don't want to go Intel, they have higher power consumption, and frankly, I'd like to stay team red.  Sort those APU's out please. Stop nerfing them.

0 Likes
2 Replies

Hello,

Please provide information as to which cooling solution you are using on the 5600G and which motherboard is being used. Have you selected a proper cooling curve or set up a custom cooling curve for your solution? Which case are you using, and which case fans are you using as well? CPU-Z would provide the temperatures at idle and under load also. Which display are you using might be useful information in order to assist you.

If one doesn't provide such information, most will just read your post and bypass it as nothing more as unhappy troll otherwise. Do not take offense as I am merely being honest. If need be, delete and repost with more information so that folks can better assist you.

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes

I'm sorry, you are missing the point here with 'cooling' etc.  Perhaps my mistake as I selected 'processors' thinking it was the correct section for a discussion/feedback.  (could you move to the correct section please?)

My point is:  Watch any review where they use a discrete card.  The 5600g/5700g get destroyed by the 5600x primarily in high frame rate titles.  Why did you AMD make it so darn weak?  Make it almost the same as the 5600x/5700x equivalent please, so if we buy a discrete card later (or want to do GPU passthrough like I do) the CPU won't hold it back.

e.g. if the 5600x is getting 430... the 5600g is getting only 300 to 350fps.  It's not even funny.

0 Likes