cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

keviekevfrank
Journeyman III

AMD Warranty Fraud help!!

So as the title states I need a little help with a very ODD AMD warranty issue on the 3950X

I have been building PC's using AMD's products lineup for YEARS now, Never ever had one single issue until now, So I get the BRAND NEW just released 3950X CPU, Used for a couple months and BOOM it stops working, (yes I did all the proper tests its 100% the CPU)  annoying sure but its under warranty so no big deal right? WRONG, these people will go to ANY measures to get out of covering a product under warranty...

First they asked for an invoice of purchase, no problem I sent it, they then said "Send us a pic of the CPU with your name and ticket number written on a piece of paper next to it" OK Done, THEN all of a sudden they are claiming they already replaced it and now refuse to honor my warranty??? They are claiming I do not have the CPU in possession etc.... So I suggested simply allowing me to SEND it in to them, proving I DO have it in my possession (what a strange way to avoid a warranty) they refused, I offered to send it in at my own expense they refused!!!!

This is insane!!! Any ideas or suggestions?  Before this I loved AMD to death but I guess thats because I never had an issue EVER, now that I did and see how they handle it WOWWWW

Side note.. when I call, Tech support 100% agrees with me and thinks whats being done is terrible but hold no power to fix it

11 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

Please can you send me a private message on the forum (hover over my username and click message) with your RMA ticket number and i will look into this for you. 

Hello, I am having similar problems with the warranty support as well. Could you help me please?

0 Likes
keviekevfrank
Journeyman III

Sent, Thanks for your help

0 Likes
disisme
Journeyman III

I am encountering a similar situation.  I received a 3700X replacement from best buy (in store exchange) with a bent pin...bent completely flat.   since opening the ticket, AMD have been using delaying tactics and denial, plainly in an attempt to make me just go away  

methods of delaying....

24 hours to first response asking for a photo of the cpu with the bent pin...despite me telling them in the original ticket that the pin was straightened to see if it was compromised.  this was sent withinminutes of recieiving their response.

another 24 hours.....ask for the SAME picture ("with the bent pin highlighted")….how on earth do Iknow which pin it was?  also bear in mind I am using my phone because, funnily enough, my computer isn't workin.

another 24 hours....send us a copy of the purchase invoice.....despite me sending them a photograph of it on day1...remember, id don't have a scanner..a photo is all they can get....

another 24 hours....ask for the SAME STUFF AGAIN!.

great work AMD...this ticket was opened as a commercial customer and you are sending me broke with your delays and crap customer support for a defective product

0 Likes

Doesn't Best Buy have a Warranty on the processor you purchased?

If you noticed it as soon as you got home why didn't you return it to Best Buy to be replaced before the Warranty expired?

Normally, The problem you may be having with AMD Warranty, is that AMD Warranty doesn't cover bent or broken pins on the processor. So it is possible they need good proof that the Processor was given to you with the bent pin from Best Buy and wasn't due to Customer error.

I am not saying AMD Warranty won't honor your Warranty on the broken processor. just stating what might be the issue in your specific case.

Also AMD three year Warranty starts when Best Buy's Warranty period expires or ends.

Your situation is different from the OP's situation in which his processor was working than went defective. That is covered by AMD Warranty.

0 Likes
keviekevfrank
Journeyman III

Nothing has changed for me either!!!! Scammers This is disgusting 

0 Likes

keviekevfrank wrote:

Nothing has changed for me either!!!! Scammers This is disgusting 

be aware that alerts on this forum are not working so it may be sometime before somebody notices

0 Likes
keviekevfrank
Journeyman III

I have also PM'd amdmatt

0 Likes
keviekevfrank
Journeyman III

So am I just scammed here?????????

0 Likes

AMD Forum which is run by a program called JIVE which is having some major problems. One of them is that Users can not receive PM (private messages) from other Users or Moderators since the Inbox Notifications are not updated anymore.

Possibly PMs are received by the Moderators. Only AMDMATT can answer that question by replying to this thread whether he received your previous PM or not.

0 Likes
hrpuffnstuff
Miniboss

Recently I had to RMA my 5950X and before I ever shipped it during the picture taking process I also flipped it over and took pictures of the pin side to prove that nothing was bent prior to shipping it to them.

I also included that picture when I sent them the CPU pictures so that there would be no doubt that there was no physical damage to the CPU prior to shipment. Now that they've moved to LGA that will no longer be an issue.

0 Likes