cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

freakyyyy
Adept II

AMD Threadripper 1950X runs at 0.60GhzHELP!

Hi, I just build my TR4 workstation PC but I noticed a problem after doing some work clock speeds inconsistent after it hits temp 50c core clock speed drop to 0.60Ghz on all cores then it goes back to 3.70Ghz and so on!

CPU temps
idle 28c
MAX 52c 

CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 dual fan config.
Mobo: ASrock tatcihi X399 (P3.30 BIOS).
RAM: G.skill Flare X 3200mhz dual channel so far. Memory slots config > [1000] - [0100]

I'm happy with the rendering speeds but why it drops speed in the middle of the process? 
here's a pic:

0 Likes
18 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

freakyyy, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM).  Simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply - no need for external links.  See if you can catch it as it drops.  Here are my specifications:

ASRock Fatal1ty X399 Pro Gaming, Threadripper 1950X, 2xSamsung SSD 960 EVO RAID0, 4xSSD
960 EVO on ASRock Ultra Quad, 1TB & 500 GB WD Black, G.SKILL [Flare X (for AMD)] F4-
3200C14Q-32GFX, Windows 10 x64 Pro, Enermx Platimax 850, Enermx Liqtech TR4 CPU Cooler,
Radeon RX580, BIOS 3.30, AGESA ThreadRipperPI-SP3r2-1.1.0.1

You may need more cooler. Please post equivalent specifications for your system.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

I need more cooler? what makes you think so? man, I have CPU cooler: Noctua NH-U14S TR4-SP3 dual fan config.

0 Likes

Look this is while rendering a 3D project.

0 Likes

freakyyy, I did not say you needed a new cooler, I said may.  Please post a full screenshot of RM, just single.  Your video is amazing.  Please open a AMD Online Support Ticket and include it.  Something really weird is going on that I have never seen before.  I would also suggest you share it with ASRock Support.  I assume you are sure your cold block is firmly attached to the processor?  I have a built in bias against air coolers for these category CPUs.  I have used only water coolers for several generations.  Please post the specifications I asked for and let us know how the reporting to ASRock and AMD goes.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

BTW RAM Config is 2x8 16GB dual channel It could be the problem? I will get more ram soon anyways I just want to know that my cpu and mobo are fine. 

0 Likes

freakyyy, at the moment, my wild guess is that your processor or MB have a problem.  It is absolutely not your dual channel memory.  It is really best to buy quad channel memory where all four sticks are matched, but 2x dual channel kits (identical) will most likely work if plugged into the correct slots.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Please post what we asked for - Thanks.

I tried to change the CPU voltage to Fixed it worked but I don't know if it's safe or not since it's working on fixed that means my CPU or My mobo are fine? sec should I try offest CPU voltage? Btw on the mobo BIOS it shows CPU 68C but when I touch the heatsink there's no heat at all on the RM it shows 28c! what do you think?

Today I checked the CPU and it's installed perfectly no problem what so ever no windows crashes no anything but the only thing is CPU Voltage drop to 0.84V at 50c speed as well to 0.60Ghz.

*No answers yet from both AMD & ASrock.

0 Likes

Take a closer look on the BIOS why is the "VR Temperature is too high?"

:DSC_0605.jpg

CPU Fan:

DSC_0606.jpg

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

freakyyy, I do not know!  Please provide the information we ask for!  The H/W Monitor values look like garbage to me and ONLY ASRock can tell you why.  I suggest you install a trial copy of AIDA64 and see what it says.  It is the only reporting SW besides Ryzen Master (RM) I trust.  I have no idea what your voltage changes did and if they are dangerous.  Your system should run just fine with NO changes like these and ASRock should explain it!  Enjoy, John.

Btw CPU temp is wrong in the BIOS I don't know why anyways please tell me what you want me to show you exactly on AIDA64 and other infos you need to see so I can show you I'm not good at this kind of stuff.

Thank you so much for trying to help!

0 Likes

freakyyy, I don't really need to see anything in AIDA64, just suggesting it for your use.  Please see: INFORMATION REQUIRED WHEN POSTING A QUESTION .  Ultimately you will need to get answers from AMD and/or ASRock technical support.  Enjoy, John.

Alright, thank you so much! I will post the full system here I'm just waiting for ASrock & AMD feedback.

0 Likes

I found out what causes the problem it's the CPU voltage regulator on the motherboard it runs very hot on idle 92c this is why my CPU get Undervoltage 0.85V I don't know what should I do now!? get a new motherboard?

0 Likes

Please take a look?! It looks like the mobo reading temp wrong the AID64 is reading the same as the BIOS temps what's going on here?! I touched the cooler heatsink myself but there's no heat at all!!!!

wt.JPG

OK.JPG

idle temp!! there must be something wrong!

wtspyccy.JPG

0 Likes

I agree, freakyyy.  You should ask your MB vendor for an RMA.  please let us hear how you make out.  Good luck and Enjoy, John.

It looks like I'm no longer able to RAM sadly I will buy new motherboard I will go with MSI X399 CARBON this time, but don't get me wrong the ASrock mobo is very good I liked it but I didn't get lucky with it, I'm still waiting for ASrock to answer maybe there's hope to fix it who knows, Anyways thank you so much for trying to help I really respect that brother. 

0 Likes

Sorry, freakyyy.  I assume you have done a Clear CMOS using your manual instructions.  You are very welcome, wish it turned out better.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I have done Clear CMOS many times Nothing has changed, Now I will try to add a fan on the top of the heatsink and see.

0 Likes