cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

elstaci
MVP

Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 3.0GHz very low in Cinebench (2694 cb)

Gigabyte mentions for RAM Memory to run at 3600 (OC) for your motherboard,  it is recommended to use a 1st Generation Processor: X399 DESIGNARE EX (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

Do you have the latest BIOS version installed - F12e (03/09/2019) and latest Chip Set - 03/28/2019 which supports Windows version 1809? X399 DESIGNARE EX (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A. 

By the way, The RAM Memory you purchased is not supported by your motherboard. The highest it supports is 3466 Mhz: X399 DESIGNARE EX (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE U.S.A.  From the 250 Watt QVL list which is 2990WX.  It is possible it might work but you need to contact Gigabyte Support to see if it is supported. As you noticed not all RAM Memory has been verified to work with XMP Profiles. "V" signifies it has be verified by Gigabyte Support.

I believe that is why you are having problems. Maybe if you reduce the speed of the RAM in BIOS to slightly less than 3000 Mhz and see if the computer works better.

NOTE: Have attached the RAM MEMORY QVL List for you to download and check for yourself.

0 Kudos
cgorange
Adept II

The chart you just linked is for Cinebench r20 which has higher numbers then r15.. so you can't compare them.

0 Kudos
cgorange
Adept II

This is my R20 benchmark for your reference.

pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 3.0GHz very low in Cinebench  (2694 cb)

My error as mentioned by cgorange‌ it is Cinebench "20" and not CineBench "15".

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 3.0GHz very low in Cinebench  (2694 cb)

Well, seems like your Processor is almost identical to PC World's results.

0 Kudos
cgorange
Adept II

Yea, it's a few hundred lower  I think because my comp is throttling.. it hits the unfortunate 64 degrees when it renders. 

0 Kudos
m_balauszko
Journeyman III

Hi, I managed to fix my poor performance simply by installing proper chipset drivers for the Designare board. I was running previous drivers from Taichi and that might have been a source of the problem.

Cheers.

0 Kudos
cgorange
Adept II

Nice, that's good. It probably doesn't matter for you since you already fixed the problem but AMD also has chipsets on their website that will be more updated then ones posted on the motherboard website. 

m_balauszko
Journeyman III

That's good to know if I encounter any more problems in the future. Thanks!

0 Kudos