cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

misterj
Exemplar

Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 3.0GHz very low in Cinebench (2694 cb)

secc, you have pegged PPT - see the RED in RM screenshot. Are you willing to do a little OCing? If so, please select Profile 1 and set PPT to, say 300 then Apply and give it a try. It looks like you have plenty of headroom. Please post another RM screenshot. What power plan are you running? I will edit this after posting and provide the Ultimate plan. Your memory is correct. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Kudos
misterj
Exemplar

Here is an interesting article on the current 2990WX/Microsoft scheduler problem that reduces performance.  There is also a free application to address the issue while MS considers a solution.  A link is provided to Coreprio in the provided link.  Please post if you try it.  Enjoy, John.

0 Kudos
secc
Journeyman III

misterj I'm a bit scary about losing the cpu warranty, I have no knowledge at all about OCing. 

I have a Corsair HX1200 1200W 80 Plus Platinum Modular.

Thanks, Alex

0 Kudos
angryphoton
Adept II

This might be a dumb suggestion but did you check that all your power cables to the PSU and motherboard are connected correctly?  You have a fully modular PSU and sometimes it can get confusing. Your motherboard has 3 power connections,  a 24, 8 and 4 pin connector.  Make sure all are connected properly to the correct PSU sockets. Lastly can you post a screenshot of Ryzen Mater while cinebech is running? That will tell us the frequency your cores are running during load. 

0 Kudos
angryphoton
Adept II

cgorange.

My vray 1.08 bench score is 00:26 but I OCed my cpu by 10% in the power cap (lifted to 275w from 250w). Your score seems to be normal for stock speeds. 

0 Kudos
cgorange
Adept II

Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 3.0GHz very low in Cinebench  (2694 cb)

thanks yeah I cant hit :26 anymore. I assume because I installed software and that's running in the background but my times are more like :28 now. 

I'll make my own thread

0 Kudos
misterj
Exemplar

cgorange, please see this thread.  Enjoy, John.

EDIT: I just ran V-Ray in 23 Seconds with coreprior.exe (v 0.0.3.8) active. 

0 Kudos
m_balauszko
Journeyman III

Hi,

I've just moved from x399 Taichi (that was defective) to the Designare board. My CPU performance got cut in half. I have now similar cinebench scores to OP. I'll now try fresh windows install and check if that helps. See the screenshot attached.Untitled-1.jpg

0 Kudos
cgorange
Adept II

You should make a new thread and post this screenshot, info about the parts in your computer and a ryzen master screenshot while running the benchmark

@secc

did you ever find a fix for this problem?  Looking at it more, yeah that cinebench number is really low. my comp at stock settings got 4929. pastedImage_1.jpg

0 Kudos
elstaci
MVP

Re: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX 3.0GHz very low in Cinebench  (2694 cb)

black_zion‌ opened a thread where Users have been posting their results using the latest CineBench 15: Post Your Cinebench R20 Scores Here 

According to a chart he posted, both of your 2990WX are posting like an 8 core or less procesor:

0 Kudos