cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

norminorm
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900x overheating

I have bought AMD Ryzen Threadripper 1900x  in november 2017.  From the beginning,  I play some video games and no problem, but since 1 week. I start my PC and  temperature increase to 71 deg Celcius in 10-15 minutes in daily use (Facebook, Office, internet),  I wanted to reinstall my steering wheel to play some racing game, load NFS Payback and maybe in 20-30 min the PC shut down.  But without overheating bluescreen.  My computer is in the basement of the house, so the temperature is cooler and as I say to start doing it all at once.

I have a ''recommanded'' cooling system  (enermax liqtech TR4 240 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler),  

it's my Cooling sytem came faulty, or maybe change the thermal paste.

Or did you have some other clue for me

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Reply

If your Ryzen is overheating with normal or minimal loads that indicates that something is not working correctly on your Enermax TR4 Liquid CPU Cooler.

Make sure the pump is working and there are no leaks. That the pump is making good and even contact with the Ryzen CPU surface.  Make sure the Radiator Fan is not be obstructed in it air flow and that you feel the liquid circulating. Also the input hose should feel slightly cooler than the output hose from the pump with a little bit of vibration as the fluid circulates in the hoses.

If your CPU Cooler is installed correctly with no leaks or blockages and the Pump and fan is working, I would suggest you open an Warranty Request and see if your unit needs to be RMAed  via Enermax Support.

0 Likes