cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

juantonpablo
Newcomer

AMD Ryzen Master locked my R5 1600 at 2 cores.

Have a Ryzen 5 1600 and MSI B350 Tomahawk. Randomly overnight, 4 cores were disabled. In Ryzen Master it says Number Of Cores Disabled Lesser Than Current Cannot Be Applied.This Requires Power Cycle. So I quickly flipped on and off the power switch to cycle it. To no avail. Then I went into ms config and un-ticked a box in the boot advanced options screen, ensuring that I had 6 cores. Next I went into BIOS and made sure I had all 6 cores enabled, which I did. I've checked every forum post and YouTube video for people with this issue and tried every fix which did not work. I then made sure I have updated everything, bios version, and windows version. Need help quick as I have schoolwork to finish.

0 Likes
8 Replies

In Ryzen Mater it should be 0 cores disabled.

0 Likes

I know when I place it on 0 Cores Disabled it shows a red error saying: Number Of Cores Disabled Lesser Than Current Cannot Be Applied.

0 Likes

What if you uninstall Ryzen Master? Does CPUz show 6 cores 12 threads?

0 Likes

Uninstalling Ryzen Master didn't work and CPUz and HWMonitor show 2 cores 4 threads.

0 Likes

Check MSCONFIG to see that all cores are enabled in Windows. If they are, you may have to reflash/update your Motherboard bios to recover.

0 Likes
keiwina31
Journeyman III

Hi. Could you finally fix it? I have the same problem with the same cpu. I tried uninstalling ryzen f****** master, cleaning cmos and flashing the bios, and couldn't fix it.

0 Likes

I either have the same mobo

0 Likes

Hi, could you solve your problem? I am with the same as you

0 Likes