cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Honzajss
Adept I

amd ryzen 9500 x

So im playing games and it goes from 55-75max is it normal? im scared if its not overheating water cooling :Corsair iCUE H100i Elite Capellix White

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hello,

If your max is currently 75C, then you've no issue. Be concerned if it reaches and stays at 90C (Tjmax) as stated on the spec page on the AMD Product page for your processor. Yet depending on your ambient local temperature one could possibly increase ones case fans in hope to bring the case internal temp down, but this is dependent on who/where ones radiator is mounted as to the air flow. Neutral, negative or positive air pressure for different cases can affect these elements to some degree. Thus you may wish to add to this thread as to which case you are using, thus others can provide their insight as to what is working best for them at this point in time.  Cheers

reference @ http://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-9-5900x 

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes

Sure this is my case Phanteks Eclipse P500A Tempered Glass - D-RGB White

Hello,

I'm going to assume that you mounted your radiator at the top with the fans pushing the air through the radiator then out the top. I'll also assume that the 9500X is rated far lower than my ancient FX-8350 which I used to keep cool with the even older Corsair H-80 that still functions to this day, but is also retired and is on the shelf. As I stated previously, your much larger and newer Corsair AIO should suffice. My regional latitude is about 48 degrees north (Pacific Northwest), thus the ambient temperature lack extreme's. There's some agro dust as there are crops that are grown close by, but the firs are the worst as they drop pollen. Humidity and precipitation can effect things, and some complain about rain yet don't consider that it can wash away the dust and pollen (TMI). So dust and pollen that gets past the filters will build up in fin stacks in cooling solution for one's CPU and GPU. Thus slow but increasing the temperatures, thus the need to clean out and blow it all out. Something just mention by JayTwoCents content channel on YouTube. But I digress...

<short form> Y'all gonna be ok with that case 'n' AIO. </short form>

X570 Taichi, Ryzen 3600XT, 32G of F4-3400C16D-16GSXW, XFX RX5700, NH-D15 Chromemax.black, Fractal Design R5, SilentWings 3 case fans, Intel 660P M.2 1T, WDS256G1X0C M.2 256G
0 Likes