Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

FnaticWlf
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X high temp and voltage

What i have realised is that sometimes the cpu has high temps such as 90°C+

and here are the times it is that temp:

When i start upp windows, and even when i only just run windows ( this has happened twice and the first time it disapeared the next day), when i play some specific games, once one of the games was fortnite but recently i tried after the new update and it seems to have been fixed now but im not sure about that.

here are some specs:

Cpu: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Motherboard: MSI Mag x570 tomahawk wifi

Gpu: MSI rx 6800 xt 

Ram: 32GB

0 Likes
4 Replies

it is normal

0 Likes

I dont think its normal because running windows isnt supposed to need a lot of cpu power and remember that the temp going high while running windows has only happened twice and the normal temp is around 45°C

0 Likes
BNITRO
Adept III

Fist thing, I have a 5800x OC, and it peaks at 80C with a 120mm AIO with 120X2thickfan "TWICE AS THICK AS NORMAL 120MM FAN" pull and a 120mm push... but also I would check if you have performance boost setting on , if your not careful, I got this chip to PUSH "170AMPS" NO MORE PUTTIN UR FINGERS ON IT TO TEST IF ITS WORKING PLEASE.

MSI NITRO B550 Cobalt "CUSTOM B550 GAMING PLUS" MATT BLACK NO RGB,,,,

1000Watt 99%+plat a little Chinese company made it for NITRO Cobalt "CUSTOM" u can weld cobalt with microwaves. only one with over 90Amps PCIE rails...

if ur power supply cant cut it will run hotter

ALSO NO FACTORY COOLERS, and AIR COOLERS ARE FOR PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BURN THERE POWER AND MEMORY CONTROLLERS...

0 Likes

I have checked if i have performance boost on and i cant find anything that has it on, but i forgot to say that i have had the temp high while running windows is that it started when i insltalled some things ( not viruses lol) but it could be something with that 

0 Likes