cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cocoysami
Journeyman III

amd ryzen 7 5700g Works in a laptops??

hi people, i want to change my proocessor to a  amd ryzen 7 5700g, i have a laptop but i dont know if works only.

i have a intel core i 7 8550U, if i buy a 7 5700g,  its works just changed the chip ?? 

0 Likes
1 Solution

No, The "G" is a desktop processor. You will need to replace it with a Laptop processor that doesn't end with a "G" or "GE".

Plus you have a Intel processor so you will need to upgrade it with another Intel mobile processor to be compatible with your laptop motherboard.

Besides a Desktop Ryzen APU uses a AM4 Socket while a Laptop Mobile Processor uses a totally different Motherboard socket.

If you want to upgrade your laptop processor you must select one that is compatible with your laptop and BIOS installed. Many laptop processors, if not, most are soldered to the motherboard thus almost impossible or too expensive to replace.

But if your laptop processor is upgradable than you will need to open a Support ticket for your laptop to find out which processor you can upgrade it with. Or ask in your laptop's manufacturer Forum.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

No, The "G" is a desktop processor. You will need to replace it with a Laptop processor that doesn't end with a "G" or "GE".

Plus you have a Intel processor so you will need to upgrade it with another Intel mobile processor to be compatible with your laptop motherboard.

Besides a Desktop Ryzen APU uses a AM4 Socket while a Laptop Mobile Processor uses a totally different Motherboard socket.

If you want to upgrade your laptop processor you must select one that is compatible with your laptop and BIOS installed. Many laptop processors, if not, most are soldered to the motherboard thus almost impossible or too expensive to replace.

But if your laptop processor is upgradable than you will need to open a Support ticket for your laptop to find out which processor you can upgrade it with. Or ask in your laptop's manufacturer Forum.