lowerus
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 7 4800H sound and screen stuttering

1. System: Windows 10 2004
  2. Battery or AC: 180W adapter
  3. Model: Asus TUF gaming FX506IU
  4. Frequency of occurrence: 1-2 times per day
  5. Reset OS: +
  6. Screenshot or video: Added (my video)
  7. BIOS ver: 309
  8. System cfg: Ryzen 7 4800H, GTX 1660 Ti (not Max-Q), 16gb RAM, 512gb NVmE SSD.

My new FX506IU laptop stutters 1-2 times a day, I thought it was a software problem (Chipset driver). It manifests itself as follows: a strong drop in frames per second and sound stuttering, as if the entire system is slowing down (1-2 seconds). I tried to install different versions of windows (1709, 1903, etc.), this error still remains, I tried different drivers, from the oldest to the newest, installed everything from the official website of the manufacturer (Asus), but it also did not help. Any thoughts on how to solve the problem?

I've already tried installing both the latest and recommended chipset drivers (From the Asus website). I also tried to install different versions of the Adrenaline software. Did not help.

Windows is now updated to the latest version, but I also tried different ones (everything from 1709). Did not help.

I tried to adjust the power supply with different methods and did a lot of operations with the drivers. Did not help.

There are 3 options left: Windows bug, chipset driver bug, BIOS bug.

IMPORTANT! The bug manifests itself both under load and in its almost complete absence. Therefore, this is not throttling!

2 Replies
joshuamanasye
Journeyman III

we have the exact same laptop and problem, the only difference is i have updated the bios to FA506IU.313 and still have the problem :/

0 Likes

Sorry for both your shared issues with this model laptop.

I highly suggest you talk to Asus support about the problems as if it is something they can't fix and needs to be addressed by AMD they will have far more influence getting it done.

You are only talking to people like you in these USER TO USER forums, as explained in the forum header links.

Nobody from driver development will see your posted issue. 

These are the only ways to notify AMD:

In Radeon Settings there is a Bug Report tool too you can submit the issue or

You can contact AMD support here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

At least you make others aware of this issue with this model here so thanks.

Good Luck!

0 Likes