cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

fernando117
Journeyman III

AMD RYZEN 7 3700X HIGH VOLTAGE 1.46 TO 3.6 GHZ WITHOUT OC

Hi I recently assemble my pc and I have had results about 1.46v without OC running at 3.6 ghz, like does it come from the factory, I m worried about it, I have upgrade my bios and chipset but all results are iqual, how can I resolve this, thanks.

note: I haven't done any change in bios

motherboard asus hero VIII wifi

processor ryzen 7 3700x

evga 1000w

16 ram ddr4  2166

hdd 1 tb toshiba

graphic card geforce rtx 2060 dual of 6gb

regards

0 Likes
9 Replies
papoulka
Adept I

https://community.amd.com/thread/249425

Run a web search on Ryzen 3000 high idle voltage.

But to save you all that work:  1.4V at low load is fine.

0 Likes

thanks it that sounds well, only I'm begging nothing changes with high tasks, within long time periods

0 Likes

fernando117 wrote:

thanks it that sounds well, only I'm begging nothing changes with high tasks, within long time periods

I use Arctic MX-4 with the OEM cooler and my R5 2400G was always thermally stable. My R5 3600 is also thermally stable.

0 Likes

My R5 3600 also runs from 1.1 to 1.4V depending on the tasks

Not to worry, the CPU is not out of spec by any stretch.

0 Likes

I hope that nothing pass while the time goes by, the only change that I made was reduce the processor's max state to 99% in balance state, when I'm searching in the web or watching videos the voltage maintains 1.0v it only chnages in gaming mode to 1.4v and its temperature is 55-60°c, do you think what I done can be wrong?
regards

0 Likes

fernando117 wrote:

I hope that nothing pass while the time goes by, the only change that I made was reduce the processor's max state to 99% in balance state, when I'm searching in the web or watching videos the voltage maintains 1.0v it only chnages in gaming mode to 1.4v and its temperature is 55-60°c, do you think what I done can be wrong?
regards

you are fine with those temperatures

the voltage varies rapidly in use which is by design, the multiplier also rapidly changes 

in aggregate the design is intended to give higher performance with minimal power use

thanks for your help buddy, it relax me a lot

0 Likes
fernando117
Journeyman III

thanks for your help buddy, it relax me a lot

0 Likes
inaba74656
Adept I

The issue for high voltages during idle or load is the core performance boost and precision boost overdrive. I disabled that and manually set using Ryzen master. 

I burned in 4300 mhz all core a 1.25 vcore, doesn't even touch 70c doing a 10 minute pass on cinebench. Idle at 34C, 0.4 Vcore.

CPB and PBO is just super aggressive with the voltages and boosting clocks for no reason. Ryzen CPU is really good but out of the box settings are trash. 

3800X 
Gigabyte Auros Elite 

CM V8 GTS air cooler

0 Likes