cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Amd ryzen 7 3700x has the speed of 0.55 GHz and not 4.30 GHz which is the base speed

it started doing this after a month it was built

0 Likes
11 Replies
salseropilot
Adept II

Hi,

This recent thread also is experiencing this issue:

AMD Ryzen 3900X stuck at very low (500 Mhz) frequencies on several cores 

Out of curiosity, do you have Fast Startup enabled or disabled?

Check photo below. After disabling it, I haven't seen the issue, not yet at least. 

fast start up.PNG

0 Likes

No didn’t work sadly but thanks man for taking some time from your day to help me I really appreciate it but I don’t think it’s fixable at this point and I might just have to save up for a new ryzen 7 3700x, but hey it was worth a shot 

whats ur mobo? i had same isuue. low clcok speed at startup (3700x + asus tuf x570). restart fix this issue or if u change ur power plan fixing too.
when i update lastest AMDchip driver (2.01.15.2138)  i ve seen that bug just once time.. but more stable now. i think that issue about amd driver + mobo bios

0 Likes

I have a MSI MPG x570 Gaming Edge WiFi ATX am4 motherboard, but I don’t know how to read bios I’ve tried the manual but no use  

0 Likes

ok go to MSI official motrherboard page, find ur mobo and check bios vers.
than download cpu-z and check ur bios vers. u ll see under the mainboard button
than if u ve old bios update it . check goggle.
and go to AMD driver page. and dowload lastest AMDchip driver (2.01.15.2138)

0 Likes

and install chipset driver

0 Likes
ledhed
Adept II

What is your active power plan? You should select "Ryzen HP" or "Ryzen Balanced" mode.

Power Saver plan will lock your CPU voltage to 0.9V and the clockspeeds will be about 500-700MHz. 

What software are you monitoring the clockspeeds in? The only software that AMD says acurately reports speeds across all cores is Ryzen Master. I've tried 5-6 different monitoring applications and none of them had the accuracy of Ryzen Master. In Ryzen Master you can monitor the current clock, average clocks, or peak clock speeds across all cores. 

Good luck and let us know if/how you fixed it. 

0 Likes

ITS AMD driver issue. i had low clock speed on AMD High and AMD BAlance Power plan. when  i download last amdchip driver it sloved. only 1 time i had low clock speed.

JeniferDaisel
Journeyman III

Update your drivers, it's a driver issue I think.

0 Likes

You can check the blog post here if you still can't figure out the solution.

0 Likes
gtech007
Adept I

Yes. Its an overclocking problem. It happen to me on my Ryzen 7 when i overclocked it it used to function properly for many hours but it will force restart and the clock will be 0.5 GHZ. So reset any overclocking and you will be good.

0 Likes