cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

AMD RYZEN 7 3700 100% CPU shutting down

AMD RYZEN 7 3700 100% CPU shutting down while trying to play Minecraft

This also happened when I wanted to play any game on ps2 emulator/

What could be the reason? I cleaned the dust and I replaced the thermal paste but still got the issue.

5 Replies

Minecraft game is a CPU Intensive game.

Does it shut down without using the PS2 Emulator?

I would run OCCT CPU test and see if it shuts down or crashes.

If the 3700X temperature is going above 95c then your CPU is overheating which means your CPU Cooler is not doing its job.

What is your CPU Cooler's Make & Model?

Which PS2 Emulator are you using? Version being used.

BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

You need to provide more information about your computer, such as the components (especially the PSU and the CPU cooler). Can you use some utilities to monitor the temperatures of the CPU and GPU? Is Task Monitor showing that your CPU is at 100% load? Look for the process that is consuming all the CPU's resources. It could be malware has infected your machine, rather than just a game loading you down.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

of course, my specs:

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X + SilentiumPC Fera 3 RGB 120mm, Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 OC 6GB GDDR5, MSI B450 TOMAHAWK, HyperX 16GB (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16 Predator Black, SilentiumPC Vero M2 600W 80 Plus Bronze, SilentiumPC Signum SG1 TG.

I used PCSX2

If it ramps up to 100% as the game loads, then I would try uninstalling the game and then installing it again. Does your computer go to 100% CPU usage on anything else, games or otherwise?

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

as I said on PS2 games, also on new NFS, RDR2

0 Likes