Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

vyong1
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5600X out of box with bent pins and warp CPU casing

Hi Guys,

Would like to ask it was my 1st time purchasing an AMD ryzen 5 5600X so i did not a video the unbox as normally one wouldn't expect is to have any issue with the QA of AMD. but to my surprise i pulled out a warp out of shape cpu protection case that does not have the AMD ryzen stick and along with it bent pins along the corners and side. wondering if i am able to get a warranty for this as obviously it could be seen from the picture that the CPU protection case is totally warp out of form and unable to provide protection to the CPU causing damage to the PINS.CPU bent pins.jpg

CPU out from box.jpg

0 Likes
3 Replies

Depending on where you purchased from, get a refund/replacement from seller.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

currently what i have returned to the supplier but issue arise is that they said that i would need to return everything including the sticker in order to raise a refund/ repair which in my case i open it does not come with it. just wondering if that is true or just the supplier reluctant to process this warranty?

0 Likes

Unless AMD are using different packaging in various countries, i think you've been sold a Fake.

I have a 5600x, the product sticker is on top lid and partially on back panel, there is no fan cut out, one side panel has cut out for cpu and the plastic protector looks to be different.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes