Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

dumberdog
Adept I

AMD Ryzen 5 5600g Black screen after entering Windows 10

Hello,

Last week i purchased a Ryzen 5 5600G to install it in a MSI B450i Gaming Plus AC - along with two 8Gb 3200Mhz memory modules of GSkill Ripjaws and a Corsair CX600M PSU - the BIOS of wich i updated using another Ryzen CPU from a second PC i own. Everything worked as it should after updating the BIOS and installing windows. Then, after entering windows 10 and installing AMD chipset driver as well as the Adrenalin graphics driver, the monitor goes black and stays on standby saying "HDMI no signal", but the computer is working, all the fans and leds on. I tried Display Port and using another HDMI cable as well as connecting to a TV set, but nothing changed. I'm aware that this is a fresh new hardware component and some issues can happen, but I need to know if you guys are having more feedback regarding this issue, and will release a fix in the short term.

Thanks in Advance,

António

0 Likes
1 Solution
dumberdog
Adept I

Today i entered the support page of MSI's B450I Gaming Plus AC and downloaded the list of compatible PSU's(this was triggered by me checking the event viewer and confirming severall kernell 41 issues). I have a Corsair CX600M, wich is not on the list, and casually i have a Corsair SF450M from another mini-itx build, wich is listed as compatible. Today i decided to do a PSU swap to verify if the problem i was having with the black screen was related with that. And indeed it was, the problem went away, everything is now working flawlessly.

Problem solved!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
vaskouts
Journeyman III

i have the same problem too!

Last week i purchased a Ryzen 5 5600G to install it in a Gigabyte X570 gaming X with 2*8GB Corsair RAM 3200 and a Corsair PSU 550W + 80 Bronze, M2 NVMe 250GB and HDD 2T WD. When i'm playing youtube videos or listening to music my  monitor goes black and stays on standby saying "HDMI no signal"  and other peripherals(keyboard,mouse) shut down  , but the computer is working, all the fans and leds on.

I've tried everything but nothing....

0 Likes
dumberdog
Adept I

Today i entered the support page of MSI's B450I Gaming Plus AC and downloaded the list of compatible PSU's(this was triggered by me checking the event viewer and confirming severall kernell 41 issues). I have a Corsair CX600M, wich is not on the list, and casually i have a Corsair SF450M from another mini-itx build, wich is listed as compatible. Today i decided to do a PSU swap to verify if the problem i was having with the black screen was related with that. And indeed it was, the problem went away, everything is now working flawlessly.

Problem solved!!

0 Likes

have you had problems again since you changed the psu? I changed the psu and it arrives tomorrow to test if this solves the problem

0 Likes

Hi there,

Everything is fine since i swapped the PSU.

0 Likes
jairo2022
Journeyman III

hello friend, I have the same problem that happened to you with an lg television, my motherboard is aorus b550m elite and 650w psu without graphics card, what I notice is that with aida64 with a clean installation my monitor shows me several modes of resolution and the image is seen, but after connecting to the internet and windows installs the cpu drivers with the integrated graphics, I go back to aida64 and it no longer provides me with monitor information and the image goes away, in addition to that in windows The 1920x1080 mode is blocked and it does not show me more resolutions, could you tell me what is causing this problem and what does the power source have to do with the resolution modes and the video, thanks.

0 Likes