cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

almost
Adept I

Amd ryzen 5 3600x high temps

So i just build my new pc last night and it booted perfectly and all good.After some tests with Msi afterburner and riva tuner i saw the cpu temps going as high as 75oC with 25-30% load and idle temps were about 60-70.I removed the stock cooler and cleaned the surface of both cpu and cooler and then replaced it with a Artic mx-4 and when i booted the cpu temps where just fine about 45-50oC on idle and 69-70oC on 30% usage then the same thing happened and my cpu runs at 60 to 70 and back constantly with 1-5% usage.I checked if the cpu cooler wasnt attached good but that wasnt the case the screwes are fully screwed in.Opening the glass case didnt change anything or it did about 1-2 oC
Any solution?
PC specs:

Aerocool Shard

CPU:Amd ryzen 5 3600x
GPU:Amd RX 590 8GB
Motherboard:Gigabyte x570 gaming x
RAM:G.Skill TridentZ RGB 16GB DDR4-3200MHz (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR)

PSU:Be Quiet System Power 9 600W
M.2:Samsung 970 Evo plus 500GB
1 Rear fan

5 Replies

Honestly that is about right for the stock cooler. The cooler that comes on their 125 watt cpus is a bit better. The one included with the 3600x is pretty weak IMHO. 

I have a 3600 and a 3700 and I use a 212 evo with each. My idle temps are about 35-41 and under load it never goes over 72-73. 

You are however well within thermal limits, which is 95c so you have nothing to worry about. I too like it to be cooler as I think it really does make the CPU last longer so aftermarket cooling is my solution. The 212 evo is about 35 bucks. 

joefuss75
Adept II

it's not that you're in any danger really, but there could be times where you could possibly lose a little performance.   I have 3600x also and, no way would i run with that default cooler personally unless i could not afford anything better.  The hyper 212 evo would be a perfect choice, it's not too expensive and it's proven to be excellent.

0 Likes
almost
Adept I

i'll probably buy another cooler like the hyper 212 or i'll just go for a water cooler like NZXT kraken x63

I personally from a usability and reliability standpoint prefer air cooling. I have never found any significant advantage of water cooling vs the appropriate air cooler for the job. Especially since Zen2 really does not even benefit in a meaningful way from overclocking a decent after market air cooler is plenty good enough. Now if your idea of computing is having a pretty light show in your case, I see the reason people pursue other avenues. For me, I look at my monitor not my case as it gets tucked out of sight under my desk, and end table in my family room. I could care less about RGB. I have known many people now that have had water systems ultimately leak and ruin motherboards, etc. I have never seen that happen when an air cooler goes bad. They just shut down. 

0 Likes
oxenkopf
Journeyman III

Hi,

I have a Ryzen5 3600 (Stock) with a Scythe Fuma 2. My temps are nearly same as at pokester (38-41). Loadtemperatures 72-73. Game temperatures between 52-62 depending on the game (here F1 2018 as an example). Room temperature actually 26.

I have found if i closed programms like ICUE, Logitech Gaming Software, Gigabyte Launch App Center my Idle-Temps drop by 2-3.

0 Likes