cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Amigamerlin
Adept I

AMD RYZEN 5 3400G GPU PROBLEM

Hello I've bought a AMD3400G processor in February2021 but starting from now I'm facing the problem that you can see in the image below. The CPU is installed on an AORUS B450 M Mainboard with 8GB of Kingston memory. As OS Windows 10 is used. As driver I installed the suggested one using the AMD tool.

For cooling this CPU I used an AMD stock heatsynk and never got hight temperature or overclock it .

The problem happend sometime in the past but now it happen really too much.

The strange thing is that the video is like in the photo but the PC continue to be working (i can hear the audio and If I click I can hear the sound) and If I can quit the game (when I can ) sometimes I've back the desktop.

I think the GPU have some problem and not working correcly.

Any suggestions?

tv-pixel-RGB-noise-of-analog-channel.jpg

0 Likes
1 Solution

If you have a good quality 800 watt PSU and no GPU card that is more than enough power for your computer.

I would open a AMD Warranty for your 3400g since the problem occurred during POST and before Windows loaded.

See if AMD Warranty believe if your processor needs to be turned in (RMA) to have it checked.

You can open an AMD Warranty from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

Also open a a Support Ticket with your motherboard manufacturer to see if they believe the Motherboard needs to be RMAed.

When you mentioned it happened during POST, when BIOS is checking all hardware before continuing to load Windows OS does indicate a hardware issue. Either your APU, Motherboard, Monitor or cable are defective. But since you mentioned that the cable and Monitor works fine on another computer that does seem to rule those hardware out. That leaves the APU Processor and Motherboard which is why I suggest you open a Support ticket with both manufacturers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
6 Replies
ryzen_type_r
Challenger

That's what a bad digital display connection looks like.  It's usually a cable issue, but I've seen the inputs on monitors go bad (also possible for outputs from mobos/vidcards) but it's pretty rare.  So try a different cable.

I'm absolutely sure that is not a cable or monitor problem. Monitor and cable working so good with any other PC. I've problem only  with this PC and as I've wrote this problem happen randomly during gameplay. Moreover as I wrote if I can exit from game sometime I've back the desktop.

0 Likes

Since it is happening during game play it seems to indicate a heat problem since playing games puts a lot of stress on both the CPU and GPU but in your case the APU.

Download OCCT and run all three tests and check for both Temperature and PSU Outputs during the CPU and GPU and PSU tests.

The Maximum Operating Temperature of the 3400g is 95C. Once it starts reaching or has reached 95C it starts to throttle.

Also overheating can cause Distorted visuals or weird patterns displayed on the screen.

This tech site gives some good troubleshooting tips on how to fix issues similar to yours: https://recoverit.wondershare.com/video-repair/how-to-fix-graphics-card.html

0 Likes

• Thank you !!! I just started to do the test and I've got the problem just after turn on PC, in the BIOS. This time I've got a flashing video and just after the corruption. It's not a temp  problem . I will try to change the PSU but the same PSU (800w ) with a 3200g don't have any kind of problem.

0 Likes

If you have a good quality 800 watt PSU and no GPU card that is more than enough power for your computer.

I would open a AMD Warranty for your 3400g since the problem occurred during POST and before Windows loaded.

See if AMD Warranty believe if your processor needs to be turned in (RMA) to have it checked.

You can open an AMD Warranty from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

Also open a a Support Ticket with your motherboard manufacturer to see if they believe the Motherboard needs to be RMAed.

When you mentioned it happened during POST, when BIOS is checking all hardware before continuing to load Windows OS does indicate a hardware issue. Either your APU, Motherboard, Monitor or cable are defective. But since you mentioned that the cable and Monitor works fine on another computer that does seem to rule those hardware out. That leaves the APU Processor and Motherboard which is why I suggest you open a Support ticket with both manufacturers.

0 Likes

Thank you !!! As you suggested I already submitted RMA.

0 Likes