cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

needbackup
Journeyman III

AMD Ryzen 5 2600x PBO optimal settings

Hello was just wondering what are the optimal settings for my processor such as Power Plan and some Bios settings?

I have PBO enabled and everything else on auto, Mobo is ASRock B450 Pro4

3 Replies

If PBO is on auto and XMP or DOCP or whatever ASRock calls theirs is on and all others are at defaults and your temps are good then you have nothing more to do in the bios but enjoy using your system. 

Installing Ryzen Master will give you the official AMD power profiles. I honestly don't notice any performance difference using the AMD high performance vs. AMD Ryzen Balanced. So it may just be a personal preference if you want it to sleep or not. Try both, see what you like. 

0 Likes

Hey, all I get from my chipset drivers is Ryzen Balanced and using it I get ~1.4v core constant during idle, with Windows Balanced the voltage is around ~0.8v, don't really notice a difference with performance on cinebench

0 Likes

You are not the first to report this anomaly. In fact it happens a lot. I think it has to do with how your motherboard is managing the processor. Some board makers for instance tell you not to use later bios if you are on Zen+ that those are optimized for Zen2. While others seem to also use their own voltage schemes that are not in line with reference specs.  Nothing wrong with the native power plans either. There is a link on the profile window that will show the other Ryzen profile option. Not sure why it does this to you on a Zen+. This is something again very common on Zen2. I know I would want my processor drawing less power than more if I have the choice.

It might be worth asking for curiosity sake to your support department for your mother board and fire off the question to AMD support: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

0 Likes